Selection of Holiday rentals in Santa Ponsa
- Establishment type: Apartment4 guests | 55 m²
Santa Ponsa Accommodation
The best self-catering villas in Santa Ponsa are waiting for you to book them for the ultimate Majorcan getaway! If you’re thinking about spending your holiday in the area of Calvia on the island of Majorca, this town in the west of the island is surrounded by the luscious la Reserva de Galatzó park and has plenty of bars and restaurants for you to enjoy just a small distance from the best villas to rent in Santa Ponsa. This might be one of the most important sites pertaining to the history of the Reconquest. If you’re looking to make use of some of the best golfing facilities on the island, there are three large golf courses to choose from. At Hundredrooms we do everything possible to help you find the perfect accommodation for your holidays. You can achieve everything you need with just a few clicks - let us know your dates and number of guests, and we’ll check our partners’ offers in a matter of seconds on where to find family accommodation in Santa Ponsa. This small resort has in recent years come into its own as a destination for all ages, with plenty of water sports and beachside activities and a thriving nightlife and proximity to the capital and other popular areas in Calvia.
Villas to rent in Santa Ponsa
Find the best private apartments to rent in Santa Ponsa and escape to an enjoyable part of the island with plenty to see and do. It is surrounded by beautiful historical sights and has great public access across the island and to the capital, despite maintaining its general reputation as a stellar family resort with beaches and stunning views. The town centre is set with mountains around it, and is a wonderful option for those that would like to enjoy golf courses and take a wander down to see the famed yachts in Port Adriano. Booking with us means that you don’t have to worry too much - we will search our partners’ offers to find you the cheapest holiday apartments so that you can enjoy the sun, sea and sand with your family or friends. Santa Ponsa is the perfect location if you would like proximity from your short-stay accommodation to the beach, mountains, hiking and cycling routes and yachting facilities.
Holiday rentals in Santa Ponsa
- Establishment type: Apartment4 guests | 55 m²
Pet friendly apartments in Santa Ponsa
Holiday lettings in Santa Ponsa
- Establishment type: Apartment4 guests | 55 m²Comments: 8View more
Things to do in Santa Ponsa
This town is famous for its role in the history of the island. It is at this very spot that King Jaume I landed in 1229 to begin the reconquest of the island after the Moorish invasion. You can now visit the stone cross where the site is, and you can explore various archaeological sites which date back to Roman and Moorish times. It is a town largely built for tourism and you are sure to notice the wide variety of neighbours from all over the world and plenty of families during your stay in one of our apartments to rent in Santa Ponsa. It is a mix of package holidays and some of the most upmarket properties on the island, so there is something for everyone.
- Playa Santa Ponsa: Santa Ponsa benefits from a relatively shallow and sandy beach that sweeps across the entire bay, which means it is perfect for watersports and activities for children.
- Majorca Jungle Park: An outdoors adventure park with ropes courses, obstacles and zip lines.
- Porrassa Island: Located off the coast of Santa Ponsa, this is a main feature at the heart of the bay and is uninhabited but is visited by many holiday makers swimming or on boats.
- Puig de sa Morisca Archaeological Park: An archeological site that dates back to the Late Bronze Age, and is on top of a hill.
- Cruz del Descubrimiento: A monument commemorating the reconquest of Mallorca after Jaume I landed at the bay of Santa Ponsa. It has a beautiful landscaped walk up to it, and is close to the coastal roads with gorgeous sea views.
- La Reserva Puig de Galatzó: A natural park with plenty of forest surroundings with mountain views and eagles.
When to visit Santa Ponsa
In terms of visiting the island, the prices for Santa Ponsa holiday apartments are the most reasonable in late autumn and early winter when the weather is cooler. You can still make the most of the low season with cheap apartments in Santa Ponsa, however the best time of the year to visit are between the months of March and June when the weather is warming up and average temperatures are around 26 degrees Celsius. You can benefit from the sunshine and warm waters, while still enjoying a warmth that allows you to make the most of the outdoors without getting too hot. Prices tend to peak in the months of July and August, alongside temperatures reaching up to 31 degrees Celsius on average. We recommend that you reserve a self-catering apartment in Santa Ponsa during the local fiesta of Rei En Jaume when the reconquest is celebrated and the town is transformed into a street party by the locals.
Similar destinations to Santa Ponsa
If you’re looking for sun sea and sand and want to visit another lively destination, take a look at the holiday accommodation that we have available in other destinations across Spain: