Best of villas to rent in Benidorm and apartments in the Old Town
- Establishment type: Apartment8 guests
- Establishment type: Apartment4 guestsComments: 11View more
- Establishment type: Apartment2 guests | 45 m²
- Establishment type: Apartment6 guests | 140 m²
- Establishment type: Apartment6 guests | 70 m²
Discover hundreds of Benidorm self-catering apartments in Levante Beach for the best prices
Find thousands of Benidorm holiday apartments in one place - only here at Hundredrooms can you compare accommodation across Benidorm, Levante and Poniente. For a great holiday, we search more than 100 websites so that you can enjoy the Spanish Costa Blanca at the best price, with cheap villas. ‘Beni’ as it is popularly known, is Spain’s most popular holiday destination alongside the likes of Benalmádena and Málaga, and is a Mediterranean hotspot with eternally low prices, welcoming millions of tourists every year. We can find you the perfect Benidorm apartments in the Old Town, or Levante and Poniente beach which are among the most sought after, season after season. It houses more skyscrapers in Spain and in the world per capita, and the population multiples six fold during the summer months from just over 70,000 inhabitants to more than 400,000 at certain points during the summer period! However the allure of this place extends far beyond its skyscrapers and large apartment blocks; there are also a lot of private apartments to rent in Intempo, Gran Bali, Neguri Gane and the other great towers that ‘Beni’ has to offer. Thanks to the charms of the Alicante coastline and the beaches of Poniente and Levante, you are sure to have a fantastic time. There are many other great attractions such as the Algar Waterfalls, the Canelobre Caves which can be seen from the Miramar, one of the city’s fantastic vantage points. It is also home to great theme parks such as the Terra Mítica which is great fun for all the family. This Costa Blanca city lives for and by tourism, with options for all tastes, and it now has an exciting LGBT scene that is forever growing. That’s why we work to help you find the best cheap apartments to rent available there. Between our partners, we have thousands of private apartments in Benidorm, holiday villas, self-catering accommodation and much more. You save time and also money as we can tell you the cheapest option.
Benidorm Old Town and other places to stay
Benidorm is synonymous with the beach, holidays and summertime - hence why so many choose to book private apartments here. Located in Alicante, in the popularly known Costa Blanca, it enjoys proximity to the national parks of Sierra Helada, Sierra Cortina, Puig de Campana and Tossal de la Cala as a barrier, Benidorm is protected from the wind and cold coming from the north; hence, its weather conditions are perfect throughout the year. For this reason, in 1956, Benidorm started its "tourist boom", leaving behind its previous fishing village status. At that time Benidorm’s transformation began with the construction of the first holiday apartments of what is today the most important holiday destination in Spain. Can you believe that only in Manhattan are there a higher concentration of skyscrapers per square metre! Intempo, Torre Lúgano, Kronos Building and many more are some of the skyscrapers that stand out in the breathtaking Benidorm skyline - which are particularly spectacular at night time. It is certainly true that Benidorm never sleeps. Alongside its famous beaches is a lively nightlife that is kept on its toes by its thousands of tourists. Clubs such as KM, Penelope or Privilege X are famous in this city, and are at their liveliest when the sun goes down. With its huge skyscrapers, bright lights, non-stop parties, incessant rhythm, it is not surprising that it is compared to New York. Sun, beach and lots of fun - that's why millions of people spend their summer holidays in Benidorm and that's why also its offer of accommodation is one of the most extensive, complete and economical in Spain. This encompasses a range of holiday homes - whether it’s an apartment on Levante Beach, self catering or 3 bedroom holiday apartments, we have it all. If you want to live like a local, we recommend accommodation in Benidorm Old Town, where you can enjoy tapas and a beer in the evening. All of the holiday lettings that we have in Spain's Costa Blanca are spread across both the lively and quiet parts of Benidorm, a place that has grown to dizzying heights in recent years. The nightlife in this city is famous, and if you're visiting during the summer months, chances are you are looking to relax on the beach during the day, enjoy your self-catering Benidorm apartment and then party all night. It is a great choice if you're coming for a stag do or a hen party, as there are an endless amount of bars to choose from. It has the important reputation as party capital along the Costa Blanca. Whatever you're looking for - you will find the perfect type of nightlife to suit your tastes. In general, going out here is a cheap endeavour, and clubs are often competing against each other to give you the best prices. So consider all of these options. These are the best places to keep in mind when booking when booking your villas in Benidorm for rent. We have made a small summary:
- Benidorm Old Town: Contrary to popular belief and the spread of skyscrapers across the coastline, the town does not lack authentic culture - quite the opposite. The Old Town is a wonderful collection of ‘ramblas’; small winding streets with bars, restaurants and shops for you to enjoy at night time. With some of the best vistas across the entire city, it’s no wonder it is a popular choice for self catering rentals.
- Downtown: This is the general spot for the towering apartment blocks and hotels. There are endless cafes in the street and here you will find some of the major clubs and restaurants. It is the lively part of Benidorm and is a must if you’re looking to party until the early hours of the morning.
- Levante District: In terms of its beaches, this could be one of the most famous spots on the Costa Blanca. It is located to the East of the Old Town, and has a 1.5m stretch of golden sand. It is laden with long, flat promenades and is one of the busiest areas in the summer months due to its water sport facilities such as jet skiing and scuba diving, alongside many bars.
- Poniente District: The second of Benidorm’s two large beaches. Just beyond the Old Town, it tends to be quieter and feels authentic and traditional. You will find lots of food facilities and entertainment venues here.
- Rincón de Loix: In the east of the Levante is this district, with many beach areas, shops, restaurants and leisure facilities such as mini golf and swimming pools.
Group accommodation in Benidorm
- Establishment type: Apartment8 guests
Dog friendly apartments in Benidorm
Private apartments in Benidorm for couples
- Establishment type: Apartment2 guests | 45 m²
When to visit Benidorm
Whether you’re visiting Benidorm for a summer break, or you’re looking for apartments for rent in the long term, we have all of the information you need about this sunny Alicante destination. The best time of the year to visit for the weather is clearly July and August where it enjoys sunny and pleasant summers, and milder winters, although this is when holiday accommodation is most expensive. It has better temperatures than the surrounding mountainous areas which protects it from the Levante wind. The weather in Benidorm in October tends to cool down a bit, so if you want heat, we recommend visiting a bit earlier to enjoy your cheap apartment in Benidorm. However, it can still reach heights of 23 degrees Celsius at the heat of the day. There are chances of rain this time of year, but the sun is still shining in general. In April, the temperatures hop back up after the colder months with heights of 19 degrees Celsius. You may still experience some rain if you’re still deciding when to book your self-catering apartment. Weather in Benidorm in March is a little cooler, but is certainly on the up with heights of 18 degrees Celsius, however with an average of 9 hours of sunshine per day. We recommend visiting in May, when there are heights of 22 degrees Celsius and and cooler evenings of 12 degrees Celsius. There is plenty of sunshine to be enjoyed still. It all depends on whether you're after summer heat or if you're looking to visit with the sun on your back!
Benidorm Water Park and other points of interest
This is the perfect destination for plenty of things to do for all of the family, no matter your age. The beauty of this place is that no matter where you book your apartment to rent, you will be close to everything you need. If you want to stay in the resort and enjoy the beach, there's no need for any transport as everything is in walking distance. However, if you want to visit the Canelobre Caves or the Algar Waterfalls which we highly recommend, we would advise you to hire a car.
- Levante Beach: This is possibly the most famous beach. It has many shops bars and restaurants where most of the activity takes place. Here you will find some of the most famous nightclubs including Bay Beach and KM Playa. It is therefore very popular for nightlife in Benidorm. We recommend booking a self-catering apartment on Levante Beach so you can be a short distance from relaxation at all times.
- Poniente Beach: This is the longest beach in Beni, however it is much quieter than Levante. It is a great choice for families and while it doesn’t have large clubs, it has many restaurants and bars to choose from.
- Intempo: This is the tallest skyscraper here, and is the fifth highest in Spain. It is undoubtedly the most striking skyscraper of the city and one of the most of the country for its peculiar appearance of two towers joined by a cone.
- Gran Bali: Another skyscraper which hosts an annual ascension race up the stairs to the viewpoint and, since 2009, The Base Jump Extreme World Championship.
- Torre Lúgano: This tower completes the skyscraper podium in its skyline. It was completed in 2008 and has a total of 204 homes spread across 143 floors.
- Terra Mítica: This is a great theme park to visit with the kids. It is divided into three large areas, based on ancient great civilizations such as Egyptian, Greek and Roman. It was opened in 2000, and has a total of 33 attractions including Magnus Colossus, Titáne, The Flight of the Phoenix and Synkope. It is open from April to November with a schedule from 10:30 in the morning to 7:00 in the afternoon, and until 22:30 in the middle of August.
- Terra Natura: Home to over 1500 animals belonging to about 200 different species, this animal park is great for all the family. You will see the animals in spaces which mimic their natural habitat and you will experience ‘zoo immersion’.
- Mundomar: An animal park which is this time marine themed. Opened in 1996, here you can see marine animals such as sea lions or penguins and the dolphinarium. In total, there are more than 30 species that include birds and reptiles; and can be visited from February to December.
- Aqualandia: Adjoined to Mundomar is this water park with over 27 attractions. It remains open to the public between May and October. It was opened in 1985 and was the largest in Europe until 2008. It is currently home to the highest slide in Europe, the Big Bang, and other highlights such as the Splash or the Soft Tracks.
- Sierra Helada National Park: This beautiful park extends along the coast of Alicante, and boasts impressive cliffs of over 300m in height and hanging fossil caves. The highest point of the mountain range is 430m above sea level and is called the Alto del Gobernador. In the north is the Faro del Albir, and the south the Serra Gelada Viewpoint. You may want to consider renting a slightly bigger two bedroom apartments near this wonderful part of the landscape to enjoy the sunset.
- Algar Waterfalls: This natural wonder is only a few miles from the city and is next to the Sierra de Bernia and Ferrer. It is one of the great natural environments of this region, and follows the course of the Algar River.
- Canelobre Caves: These incredible caves are a must see a little distance from the city.
Other destinations near Benidorm
The Costa Blanca is, without a doubt, one of the undeniable favourites for self catering accommodation. There are also a range of other destinations along the coast that you may be interested in:
- Dénia: A port town to the north of Benidorm, that is characterised by its hilltop citadel overlooking the marina. It has an interesting heritage pertaining to its coastal position, and is also highly popular for holiday makers. Find villas in Dénia here.
- Alicante: The biggest city in the region, it is best known as ‘Alacant’ in the local language of Valenciano. Like many of the coastal municipalities, it has a breathtaking Moorish citadel overlooking the city. The nightlife here is spectacular and it has wonderful views across the coast. Take a look at our apartments in Alicante.
- Moraira: A smaller town that is trendy, whilst being backed by stunning mountains and endless vineyards. Unlike other destinations in the Costa Blanca, it has not been overrun by overdevelopment, and so retains a sense of its original ‘fishing village’ feel. Take a look at our villas in Moraira here.