Selection of Holiday rentals in Dénia
Villas in Dénia with private pool
The villas in Dénia are the best option to discover the coast of Alicante. Find thousands of holiday rentals in Dénia in the areas of Les Marines and Les Rotes saving up to 30%. Discover the Dénia Castle and the Montgó Natural Park with accommodation in Dénia. Relax and sunbathe in the Bay of Dénia, a destination in the Marina Alta region of Alicante, in the Valencian Community, perfect for a holiday with your partner, family or friends. Dénia has become a destination par excellence along the Costa Blanca, joining the likes of Benidorm and Torrevieja. During your stay, Sendra Restaurant and Estanyó Restaurant are must-see places to see why Dénia was recognised as a Creative City of Gastronomy by UNESCO. The "arròs a banda", the "especat" or the "suquet de peix" are some of the gastronomic delights that you will be able to taste during your holidays in Dénia. Las Fallas festival will be another incentive to book luxury villas in Dénia, Spain. Dénia is much more than sun and beach or gastronomy, demonstrated by its Ethnological Museum and the Toy Museum. Compare and find the cheapest apartments in Dénia from more than one hundred websites with just one click, and you can take a dip on the Costa Blanca.
Places to stay in Dénia
Dénia has a total of 10 neighbourhoods, seven of which are in the urban centre and three located on the outskirts. The neighbourhoods of Las Marinas and Las Rotas comprise the beach areas in which the Dénia coast of 20 km is divided between. It is not surprising that beaches such as Les Deveses, l'Almadrava or Les Bovetes have become favourites for visitors to the Costa Blanca, which is now considered to be the perfect destination to enjoy a relaxing holiday in the sun. However, there are other areas beyond those on the coast, such as the the Baix la Mar neighbourhood which is one of the most emblematic and picturesque of Dénia. There is also the Barrio de Les Roques or the historic centre of Dénia. Given that the points of interest of this city are divided into different areas, it is important that the choice of your holiday apartment is in the place most suitable for you. These are the main urban centres of Dénia:
- Barrio Baix la mar / behind the Castle and Barrio Rocas: The Baix la Mar neighbourhood is full of self-catering apartments located around some of the most charming squares in Dénia, such as the squares of Sant Antoni and La Creu. When you visit this area, you will find one of the best features of Dénia, which is a playmobil sculpture that pays tribute to one of the films shot here.
- Barrios Las Marinas and Las Rotas: These are the areas that are in highest demand for holiday villas in Dénia. The apartments within these two neighbourhoods will allow you to be within walking distance of the beaches and coves of Dénia such as Les Bovetes Beach, l'Almadrava or the Marineta Cassiana. The area of Las Marinas can be divided into Las Brisas and Las Fuentes. Las Rotas, which runs from the maritime port of Dénia Marina to Cabo de San Antonio, where you can visit the Cabo de San Antonio Marine Reserve.
- Barrios Puerto / Centro and Diana / Faroleta: These two neighbourhoods are located next to Marina Marina de Dénia, one of the most important ports in the Mediterranean that connects the peninsula with the Balearic Islands. This is a fishing and sports port, and next to your holiday home you will have great leisure and entertainment facilities to enjoy after a long day at the beach. In addition, this is also the location of the Dénia Toy Museum.
- West Districts / Campos, Saladar and Paris-Pedrera / Red Field: These three neighbourhoods border the historic centre of Dénia and have a large number of services such as bars, restaurants and shops in the Plaza de Jaime I or the Paseo del Saladar. Both of these have a lively atmosphere. The apartments to rent in this area are perfect for families who would like to be located just a few minutes from the historic centre of Dénia and places of interest such as the Ethnological Museum.
- Barrio Montgó: Next to the neighbourhoods of Las Marinas and Las Rotas, the neighbourhood of Montgó forms the outskirts of Dénia. If what you want is a flat or holiday home near Dénia with privacy and tranquility, this is the place for you. This location will allow you to discover the Montgó Natural Park, a perfect spot for family outings.
Holiday rentals in Dénia
Pet friendly apartments in Dénia
Holiday lettings in Dénia
Things to do in Dénia
Dénia is the perfect destination to visit any time of year due to the pleasant year-round temperatures. However, as a coastal destination, the demand boom occurs during the summer months, leading to an increase in prices. The busiest months are during the months of July and August, when prices increase by up to 50% above average. But do not worry because with us you can enjoy an apartment in Dénia on the beach in the middle of August at the best possible price. Now, you do not have to limit yourself to these dates to visit Dénia because as we have said, the weather is excellent for most of the year. The months of May and September are the best months in terms of quality-price given that prices are usually 20% higher than prices in the low season. Dénia is one of the principle destinations for traditional Spanish festivities such as Las Fallas de Dénia and Bous a la Mar, so keep this in mind when travelling.
Beaches in Dénia
Dénia belongs to the Costa Blanca and is composed of about 20 km of coastline which is divided into two distinct zones: Las Marinas and Las Rotas, to the north and south of Dénia respectively. Therefore, one of the main attractions of Dénia is, without a doubt, its beaches, where you can enjoy the sun and sand. The area comprised by Las Marinas is located north of Dénia and is the most extensive coastal area, consisting of sandy beaches such as Punta del Raset Beach or Les Albaranes, or pebble beaches such as L'Almadrava. Las Rotas, on the other hand, despite having a smaller extension, is remarkable because the four beaches that make it up have been awarded with the Blue Flag and belong to the Marine Reserve of Cabo de Sant Antoni. Looking for a diving area, spending time with the family or just sunbathing, these are the best beaches in Dénia:
- Playa la Marineta Cassiana: This sandy beach begins next to the marina promenade and is perfect for visiting with children because despite being near the port, it is not near the boats themselves thanks to its gulf shape. It is not deep and accessible so you will enjoy both its crystal clear waters, the services it offers and the proximity to the urban centre.
- Playa el Trampolí: This pebble beach is located in Las Rotas and has a trampoline installed near the rocks.
- Punta Negra Beach: This beautiful cove is named after the colour of the rocks behind it. It is close to the Montgó Natural Park, and is the perfect place to practise scuba diving. For this you must request permission as it contains a micro nature reserve.
- Les Arenetes: This rocky cove is the last along the Les Rotes promenade and has a viewpoint known as El Frequito, which is perfect for enjoying spectacular views of the Cabo de Sant Antoní.
- La Cala Beach: This cove is perfect if you’re looking to get away from the crowds and enjoy nature to the fullest. This is one of the best corners on the Dénia coast where you can take a dip in its intense turquoise blue waters.
- Punta del Rasset: This beach in Dénia is located in the Baix la Mar neighbourhood. It is a family beach that has a wide range of services such as restaurants, beach bars or souvenir shops as well as mini soccer courts and volleyball courts.
- Albaranes: This beach of fine white sand belongs to the areas of Las Marinas, and is perfect if what you want is to relax in the sun with all of the facilities available. Here you can enjoy an aperitif at a beach snack bar, or practice water sports such as kitesurfing.
- Les Bovetes Beach: This sandy beach of Las Marinas has been awarded the Blue Flag due to its clean waters and the quality of services it offers. It is the perfect place to spend a day with children and relax in the sun.
- Els Molins Beach: This beach is located between the Girona and Alberca river, and has managed to combine a beautiful natural setting with all the beach services necessary to make your experience something magical.
- Les Marines: This beach that gives its name to the entire coastline and is a wide beach that is perfect for families, and is tranquil with plenty of services.
- L'Almadrava: This beach is one of the most peaceful in the Las Marinas area, and is 900m long. With crystal clear waters and white sand, it has a large number of Posidonia meadows.
- Les Deveses: This beach is almost 5 km long, which make it the longest beach in Dénia and the most northerly. The Molinell river is at the end and marks the border with Oliva from the Valencia province. This beach has plenty of amazing sand dunes that might make you believe you are on a beach in the Caribbean. You absolutely must visit this beach during your trip.
Montgó National Park and other points of interest
While it is true that Denia is predominantly known as a sun and beach destination, beyond its endless coastline this Alicante town has plenty to of historical heritage to be explored. For example there is the Castle of Dénia or the Torre del Gerro. The Montgó Natural Park will be perfect for hiking excursions. These are the places you can enjoy during your stay in one of our villas in Dénia.
- Montgó Natural Park: Declared a natural park with the intention of protecting the flora and fauna inside, it has 2117 hectares with a wide variety. It has a peak with a height of 753m from where you can see both Dénia and neighbouring towns such as Javea and Ondara. It is an enjoyable excursion for both the more adventurous and those that want to explore outside of the beach.
- Dénia Castle: Behind the beaches, the Dénia Castle is one of the main points of interest in Dénia. Built during the Islamic era, it was used as a fortress during the era of piracy in the Mediterranean. Due to its location in one of the highest areas of the city, from here you will enjoy breathtaking views of the city of Dénia and also the Archaeological Museum inside that houses objects collected from the different eras of the city.
- Gerro, Amadraba and Carrals Towers: These three watchtowers occupy the coast of Dénia and like the castle formed defensive towers that served to prevent pirate attacks that occurred during the sixteenth century.
- Cabo San Antonio Marine Reserve: This marine reserve is one of the most emblematic places in Dénia, a protected area that is spectacular to dive or take a boat trip due to the rich flora and fauna it houses. From it you can even see Ibiza on a clear day.
- Denia Ethnological Museum: The purpose of this museum is the dissemination of the history of Dénia during the nineteenth century, which was a time of economic boom in the city due to the trade of the raisin, which proved to be the engine of urban development of the city.
- Toy Museum: The toy industry of Dénia has been one of the most important since 1904 and the museum houses an exhibition in which you can observe the evolution of the toy throughout the ages. There is a live show that children are bound to enjoy.