Selection of Holiday rentals in Majorca
Holiday villas in Majorca
Find the perfect self-catering accommodation in Majorca, the largest of the Balearic Islands that is a sparkling paradise of sea, sun, sand and mountainous beauty. Dive right into its historic capital with an apartment in Palma, find a luxury villa rental in Pollensa or a cheap apartment in Magaluf for a weekend of fun. This island boasts some of the most incredible virgin beaches and hikes in Europe, so whether you’re looking to travel with your bike or explore this island by car, we have the most bespoke apartments in the whole of Mallorca. The locals are friendly and the gastronomical scene is one of the best in the world, so what are you waiting for? Book now! We compare thousands of Majorca holiday villas to save you time and money, and according to your tastes, we can find you a Mallorca villa with a pool or near the beach, depending on what natural landscape suits you best! This island is the perfect size for exploring or travelling to other islands such as Menorca, Ibiza or Formentera, if you’re looking to island hop between private apartments to rent. Make a holiday your own with Hundredrooms - we have the tools necessary to make your holiday totally stress-free.
Majorca villas with pools
We can honestly say that this island boasts some of the most beautiful spots around, whether you’re looking for total tranquility in a Majorca farmhouse inland, or a gorgeous beach apartment with a private pool overlooking one of the incredible Balearic archipelagos, we have it all. We compare apartments to rent in Majorca for you and your significant other, or for you and the kids, so all you have to do is book your flights! This is island living at its finest, and we want you to be able to complete relax in the same way that the locals live their life. From your Majorca holiday rental, you will discover the picturesque villages, mountainous terrain and crystal clear waters of the beaches hidden beneath magical coves. Its highest peak is the Puig Major which is the highest in the Balearic Islands, and is also part of its UNESCO status. If you’re still wanting to maintain the hub and bustle of a city, then why not find some accommodation in Palma de Mallorca, the city’s exciting and vibrant capital where nearly half of the permanent population of the island reside? This island has been popular with celebrities for years, and villages such as Deia and Valldemossa could be where you find yourself exploring. For the sports enthusiasts, the island welcomes thousands of cyclists per year due to its challenging routes and incredible scenery, and has the landscape necessary for surfing, cprivate villas in Majorcauch more all from the comfort of one of our Mallorca villas for rent. Need something in particular? For couples we have plenty of 1 bed villas with private pools for total privacy, or 2 bedroom apartments for you and the children or a group of friends. Leave it to us and we’ll guarantee you the best options from one of our partners, whether that’s Airbnb Mallorca, HomeAway or Booking.com Majorca.
Best places to stay in Majorca
This Balearic island is a popular refuge for many people across various nationalities. Although it has often been associated with luxury and upmarket tourism, this is not necessarily the case. Due to its alluring history and variety in leisure variety such as cycling and hiking to name but a few, it attracts a diverse crowd. Besides, if that’s not enough to bring you here, then surely the weather that remains a delight throughout the year. The great advantage finding a villa to rent in Majorca is that if you’ve got a backpack and like to spend your days moving from coast to coast, there are many remote villages and small beaches that only locals know about. The mystery and charm of this island is that it can surprise you every time - whether that be in Calvia, Andratx, or Porto Cristo. But the magic doesn’t stop at the coast. El Puig Major or Soller are two inland locations that you will love. Both are nestled in the Tramuntana range. You must visit the capital, Palma de Mallorca, to visit its impressive Gothic Levantine Cathedral ‘La Seu’. In addition to strolling through the Old Town, you can enter its legendary walls and be able to witness its ambience that is both bohemian and chic. Whether you’re looking a villa in Spain with a private pool near the beach, you’d like absolute relaxation, non-stop adventure or great gastronomy, you can find a variety of Mallorca villa rentals and the perfect town or resort for your holiday. Few destinations have as much variety and things to offer as this paradisaical island. What are you waiting for? Take a look at our recommendations on where to stay:
- Palma: The capital of the island that is steeped in history. Here you can get lost in the winding streets of the Old Town and also indulge in some of the best shopping along the Passeig de Born, or wander along to the port and admire the boats. It is a vibrant and creative hub full of some of the best restaurants and bars on the island, so get searching to find the perfect Palma apartments.
- Deià: You’ll fall in love with this quaint village, replete with green shutters and positioned perfectly between the sea and mountain range. It is now a popular hub with creatives and has been the source of much literary inspiration thanks to its typical Balearic villas.
- Valldemossa: The beautiful stone houses are hard to mistake, and you will certainly love its mountain position. It is incredibly pretty, with tiny streets and gorgeous gardens. It’s only 15 or 20 minutes from the centre of Palma, and is easily reachable for food and drink.
- Sineu: A delightful lively village with a great food market.
- Inca: The centre of leather on the island, but also a top spot for eateries.
- Sóller: Known for its 57 hairpin bends, it is one of the most fun drives on the island, and is popular in particular with cyclists.
- Pollensa: In the north of the island is this stunning town with incredible views over the Puig de Pollensa mountain and Pont Roma, its very own Roman bridge. It is a town with a rich history of conquest and battle, and bears the marks on its landscape. Take a hike up the steps to the El Calvari, and you’ll have a fantastic view of the Mediterranean and surrounding area. It is an area of great culinary renown and the site of many beautiful luxury villas in Majorca.
- Alcúdia: A large town in the North with shimmering white beaches such as the Platja d’Alcudia and Platja de Muro. Here you will also find the Hidropark that is perfect for kids. This is a well-preserved town which is a great option for a cheap villa in Majorca.
- El Arenal: A popular holiday resort with a long white sandy beach and promenade. It is a reasonable option for a 1 bed villa with a private pool in Majorca, and is particularly popular with German tourists.
- Magaluf: While it has gained a reputation for a lively nightlife, it is considered the ‘party capital’ but local authorities have worked hard to rid the area of this reputation. There are plenty of bars and nightclubs for a party destination and has some upmarket clubs and hotels for golfers and boaters alike. Don’t be put off by its reputation - you can find villas in Magaluf and still enjoy the island in full splendour.
- Andratx: A high end town with many stunning Mallorca farmhouses also known as ‘fincas’. In the south west of the island among the Tramuntana Montain range, it has a number of notable residents and is typical of Mallorcan villages with its narrow streets and an important contemporary art gallery.
- Port Andratx: The port town not to be confused with the previous town located further inland. This trendy working port has many cafes and bars, and plenty of luxury spas and leisure activities. If not a location for villas in Majorca with a private pool, it is certainly worth a visit during your trip.
- Palma Nova: A popular tourist resort with plenty of 2 bedroom apartments to rent. It has three wonderful beaches in a shallow bay, and is located in the southwest which is a good place for taking part in various activities around the island. It is an excellent option for families and retirees and there are plenty of Majorca villas with pools for everyone to enjoy.
- Santa Ponsa: In the southwest of the island is this wonderful resort with some incredible Majorca accommodation. It has a mountainous backdrop, and is close to golf resorts.
- Cala d'Or: In the east of the island is this wonderful resort and is particularly popular for sailing and diving. It has some smaller beaches and is a good place to locate eateries in the marina.
- Portals Nous: Only 10km from Palma the capital is this town in the south west coast. It looks over the marina and has a nice selection of shops and cafes and a small beach. Here you will find some fantastic cheap accommodation in Majorca.
- Porto Petro: A gorgeous fishing port with restaurants and bars overlooking the yachts which is found in the east of the island. Perfect for self-catering, Mallorca has plenty of apartments that will allow you to buy the best ingredients and cook them at home.
- Cala Millor: The attraction of this resort is certainly its long blue flag beach of white sand. It is perfect for families with a shallow beach, and has plenty of sports facilities and restaurants. It is particularly popular for watersports and caving.
- Fornalutx: Fornalutx is the only coastal town without a beach, and overlooks the mountains from Soller. It has become known as the ‘prettiest village in Spain’, as it is surrounded by lemon groves, stone buildings and quaint tiled roofs.
Holiday rentals in Majorca
Pet-friendly apartments in Majorca
Cheap holiday lettings in Majorca
Things to see in Majorca
It is common knowledge that this island has some of the best beaches in Spain, so take advantage and enjoy them to the fullest during your stay in a villa in Majorca. The beach of Trenc is a natural paradise, the Torrent de Pareis is of undisputed beauty and the beaches of the Cala d'Or area will captivate you with its crystalline blue waters. Did you know that f you wanted to travel around Mallorca, it would take 6 and a half days without rest? If you want to try the best Mallorcan ensaimada, without a doubt, you will find it in Ca'n Joan de s'Aigo, one of the most emblematic places in Palma. Similarly, the potato cakes of Valldemossa are a must try when visiting. Come and enjoy it for yourself - its beaches and its cuisine!