Best of villas and holiday apartments in Lanzarote
Find the perfect holiday accommodation in Lanzarote for you
The name of this island comes from Lancelotto Malocello, a Genoese sailor who visited many years ago - and of all the islands, this one is the wildest and most unique. If you plan to explore this amazing volcanic island we can help you find hundreds of holiday apartments and villas in Lanzarote. The weather here is guaranteed and the sun is always shining - although it may be small, it has plenty to offer. The Lanzarote holiday lettings are a great option for your stay and the most of them include also private pool. Whatever the purpose of the visit, this island is a destination chosen by surf lovers and by all those who are looking to relax with the volcanic landscape in the background. Since 1993, this island has been declared a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and will leave all visitors reeling by its raw beauty. This island is almost out of this world - its natural surroundings are so incredible and merit to be marvelled at with some of the best holiday rentals in Lanzarote to enjoy it from. The climate here is fantastic, and it is recommended that you book in the winter to find the best deals on cheap apartments, or if you’re looking for something a little more up market, luxury villas too. With a volcanic geology, some of the sights will be unlike anything you’ve ever seen - and yet the place is still well geared up for visitors to the island with plenty of rentals, bars and restaurants for you to enjoy your stay. Don’t wait any longer - our Lanzarote holiday accommodation is among the best you will find.
Holiday rentals for families
Pet-friendly holiday rentals
Holiday rentals for 2 people
Places to stay in Lanzarote
- Puerto del Carmen: The largest resort with its own beach and its very own strip - in fact it has everything you need in a resort town. You have a casino, zoos, golf courses and much more. You are highly likely to find cheap accommodation here. Located in the east, it is always quite busy with a thriving nightlife. From here you will have access to the natural surroundings such as Los Hervideros basalt cliffs, Timanfaya National park and much more. Find apartments in Puerto del Carmen here.
- Costa Teguise: The second largest resort on the island second to Puerto del Carmen. This area is also of more recent construction, specifically to meet the large tourism demand of recent years. It offers, therefore, an extensive variety of activities ranging from diving and fishing to golf. Unlike Puerto del Carmen, it has a much calmer nightlife. Discover apartments in Costa Teguise here.
- Playa Blanca: A charming and more upmarket coastal town in the south of the island which has a relaxed atmosphere and the Rubicon Marina for dining options. People come here mainly to enjoy the promenade along the beach, cruise to Papagayo beaches, go snorkeling or kayaking, diving, and also climbing up the Montana Roja. Here you can find plenty of luxury villas in Lanzarote. So what are you waiting for? Find more apartments in Playa Blanca here.
- Arrecife: This is the capital city of Lanzarote, and is a large town with its own beach and some tall buildings. While people tend not to stay here, it is worth visiting for its amenities. Explore holiday rentals in Arrecife here.
- Puerto Calero: This is a quiet town which is very much a local hub and is close to Puerto del Carmen and some of the most popular beaches in south Lanzarote. Find here the best Villas in Puerto Calero.
- Famara Beach: This is a small village far from the most touristy areas of the south of the island. It is now a surfers paradise and has become known as the ‘European Hawaii’. Here you will find many surfing championships. There is a mix of accommodation here from cheap Holiday lettings in Caleta de Famara.
- Punta Mujeres: An east coastal town with natural rock pools. There are lots of traditional white houses that have fantastic sea views, and is laid back with the underground tunnels nearby. Check this link to find all the apartments in Punta Mujeres.
- Yaiza: A small town that boasts incredible volcanic views and is centrally located close to the Timanfaya national park. You can find some really traditional houses in this town. Find apartments in Yaiza.
- Charco del Palo: Also on the east of the island, this is a traditional inland town dominated by stunning natural aspects - in this instance, a green lagoon. It is very small, but you will be able to find the perfect home for you to experience its sunsets. Click here to see all the apartments in Charco del Palo.
When to visit this wild island
As with all Canarian destinations, you can visit at any point in the year as the islands are lucky enough to experience a warm and sunny climate pretty much all year round. So you can make the most of the incredible beaches, in theory, even in December and January. While the temperatures may be lower than summer at around 20 degrees Celsius on average, this is the time to book if you are looking for cheap villas. Besides, you can still make the most of the incredible scenery and landscapes in great weather and it beats the cold back at home. There is very little rainfall and the winters are particularly mild thanks to the proximity of the Canaries next to Africa. If you are visiting in peak season which is July and August, you can expect the average temperature to be around 30 degrees Celsius, but this is when you will pay most for luxury villas. Other things to take into account when booking your holiday homes are the dates of particular festivals that are important across the island. For example, during February it is a particularly interesting time to visit, as it coincides with Carnival celebrations.
The Green Caves and other points of interest
- Cueva de los Verdes: This incredible tunnel is formed by lava and is available to explore by guided tour.
- Timanfaya National Park: Here you will observe the most amazing of the volcanic landscape with geysers and places to eat.
- Castillo de San Gabriel: A modern art museum converted from a former fortress.
- Monumento al Campesino: A farming history museum and restaurant.
- Rancho Texas Lanzarote Park: This is a theme park and zoo with water slides and great fun for all the family.
- Museo Atlántico: The ‘underwater museum’ is fantastic for divers with sculptures by Jason deCaires at the bottom.
- The Cactus Garden: A former quarry with over 1,100 species of cacti designed by César Manrique.
- Castillo de San José Charco de los Clicos: This is an incredible black sand beach which is nicknamed ‘Lago Verde’ by the islanders (Black Lake). It is a mix of black and green, and an explosive combination of colours.
- Café La Ola: Located in Puerto del Carmen, this bar is not to be missed from one of our private villas, but don’t think that you will only find mojitos, beers and pintxos here. It is a concept cafe and an artistic refuge where art exhibitions, fashion shows and outdoor concerts all take place.
- Jameos del Agua: These are a large and natural artistic work by the Canarian artist César Manrique. These Jameos are part of a huge volcanic tube that goes into the Atlantic. A ‘jameo’ part of the volcanic tube in which the roof has collapsed. It’s amazing to see!
- Hermitage of the Virgen de los Dolores: It is better known by the islanders as the Hermitage of the Volcanoes, just as its patron is known as Our Lady of the Volcanoes. You know why? Tradition has it that in one of the eruptions that have been lived on the island, the inhabitants turned to the Virgen de los Dolores and planted an image of her in front of the lava river. He stopped and to thank for the feat, they built this hermitage.
- La Graciosa: This is an island just off the coast of Lanzarote, and is a great idea if you’re looking to escape crowds of tourists. You can take the ferry here and it is virtually deserted with no paved roads.
- Masdache: We recommend staying at a finca in the surroundings of this place, which is in the national park of La Geria. You can rent villas to rent like this by the room or have the whole place to yourself.
More destinations in Lanzarote
- Holiday lettings in Arrecife
- Holiday lettings in Arrieta
- Holiday lettings in Haria
- Holiday lettings in Playa Honda
- Holiday lettings in Tahiche
- Holiday lettings in Tias
- Holiday lettings in Caleta de Caballo
- Holiday lettings in La Asomada
- Holiday lettings in Orzola
- Holiday lettings in Uga
- Holiday lettings in Macher
- Holiday lettings in San Bartolomé
- Holiday lettings in Tinajo