Best of apartments to rent for 1 night and holiday accommodation in Leeds
Find holiday apartments to rent in Leeds city centre
Are you looking for the perfect apartments in Leeds for a trip to an exciting West Yorkshire city in the North of England? Whether you’re visiting to see a concert at Leeds Arena, visiting Thornton’s Arcade for some shopping or hoping to find a trendy apartment near Leeds Dock, we have it all at Hundredrooms. We can help aid you in the search to find the perfect flat to rent in Leeds city centre so that you can make the most of a city that is flourishing in more ways than one. This former mill town is an example of urban sophistication, reinventing the north from its robust industrial past to a cosmopolitan hub with a dash of dockside chic. After being voted fifth place in Lonely Planet’s Best in Europe list, it is a viable option for a great weekend away. We have plenty of apartments for one night in Leeds city centre for you to explore the ‘Knightsbridge of the North’. It has inherited this nickname due to its 19th century commercial architecture-turned-21st century shopping hubs. Leafy and residential, you might want to find an apartment in the city centre or near Roundhay Park, and you can very easily take a day trip out of the city into the virtually untouched Yorkshire Moors. It is a city with fabulous examples of art and Victorian architecture, and has become a performance hub thanks to the annual Leeds Festival and the Opera North. Whatever accommodation in Leeds you’re after, we can find you a luxury apartment, a penthouse, or a cheap flat to rent which largely represents the new face of the city following recent upgrades. Leeds is waiting for you! You can do whatever you like using your weekend apartment in Leeds as a base; whether you want to explore the streets and go shopping in the Merrion Centre or Kirkgate Market for some vintage buys. This city is known for its incredible surrounding landscape, and therefore if you’re looking for a cottage near Leeds you’ve come to the right place. It is a great centre of sport, hosting cricket venues such as the Headingley Cricket Ground which is perfect if you’re wishing to find a short term rental in Leeds that is located in the neighbouring district of Headingley itself. If you’re thinking about renting an apartment for one night, you’ve got to experience the vibrant music scene for which the city is famous. Not only is there the arena, but you also have the O2 Academy - you have to check out its calendar and book soon. A growing cultural hub, many travel to Leeds to experience its gritty nightlife; something that is certainly on the up and joining the likes of Manchester and London. If you’re going to indulge in the fantastic craft beer scene that is transforming the city, then you will be happy to know we have some fantastic holiday apartments and studios for you to relax in afterwards. The advantage of having all short term accommodation in one place is that we compare all of them so you have to do very little other than pick your favourite!
Places to stay in Leeds
Leeds has a fantastic array of suburbs with gorgeous cheap apartments to rent - whether you want to be in the thick of it all in the city centre, or would prefer canalside bliss, you’ll find something that suits you perfectly. If you’re travelling with the family we know exactly where to place you so you are close to green space, or if you’re travelling with a partner we have some great one bedroom apartments in Leeds for you to explore.
- City Centre: Covering a large area is this fantastic part of the city is the main thoroughfare of shops, clubs and bars and museums. We recommend that you rent an apartment in Leeds city centre for 2 nights and you'll be in walking distance of everything worth seeing.
- Horsforth: This was named one of the city’s best places to live, and is a great option for a serviced apartment in Leeds. Despite being very close to the centre, it has a cosy rural feel to it with plenty of green space and good transport links to the city.
- Chapel Allerton: A suburb north of the city with a lively atmosphere and promise. It has some wonderful terraced houses and Gothic villas that are perfect if you’re looking for a short term rental. There are a number of cafes and bars for you to enjoy, and it is a popular suburb of the city for holiday accommodation in Leeds.
- Roundhay: Roundhay is a large suburb of north-east Leeds. It is ideally located surrounding the comprising parkland, woodland and lakes and is a popular destination for people travelling to Leeds. Tropical World, situated within Roundhay Park features many rare birds and wildlife and there are a wealth of designer brand shops, bars, restaurants and deli's. Roundhay is on a main bus route with regular buses in and out of Leeds.
- Leeds Waterfront: A totally regenerated area, this area is quite literally awash with cafes and bars, and is also home to a number of galleries including the Leeds Art Gallery, The Tetley, Granary Wharf, Brewery Wharf and more. It is an excellent walk around these areas, or alternatively if you prefer water activities such as fishing and canoeing, this is all perfectly possible from this trendy district of Leeds Dock.
- Headingley / Hyde Park: This suburban hub is very popular with students and young people, but mainly for the reason that it has plenty of fantastic private houses to rent in Leeds which you will love. The architecture is Victorian and traditional, and is the perfect distance from the city centre. You will be close to some great eateries and pubs - check out the Brudenell Social Club to see some local acts or head to the Headingley Cricket Club.
Holiday rentals in Leeds
Holiday lettings in Leeds
Shopping in the 'Knightsbridge of the North'
Enjoy the incredible 19th century architecture in one of the many covered markets and arcades that adorn Leeds city centre. It is a great idea to find apartments to rent for one night so you can put your feet up after a long day’s shopping.
- Trinity Leeds: In the middle of everything is the largest shopping centre which is open 7 days a week. You can shop till late and have dinner and drinks in here.
- Merrion Centre: This is the longest established district for shopping, and is great for eateries while shopping.
- Victoria Leeds: This is the shopping hub for luxury and upmarket buys. It is home to the Victoria Gate and Victorian Quarter designer destinations. Housed in the gorgeous Victorian arcades, it is a wonderful location for your shopping spree and includes a Harvey Nichols.
- Corn Exchange: Leeds answer for vintage buys and quirky one off pieces. Also housed in stunning Grade II building, is has many eateries and record fairs.
- Grand Arcade: One of the oldest shopping arcades, this is your go to for independent boutiques and retailers of which Leeds has plenty.
- Briggate: The answer to Leeds’ biggest high street stores such as Zara and Debenhams.
- Kirkgate Market: This is one of the largest covered markets in the UK and Europe in a beautiful Victorian market setting.
- Queens Arcade: This is a great spot for independent jewellery and clothing shops.
- Thorntons Arcade: First opened in 1878, this is a great spot for confectioners and other treats.
- Central Arcade: If you’re looking for something elegant to wear and stand out, head to this arcade.
Leeds Art Gallery and other things to do
From the comfort of your apartment in Leeds, you can enjoy a range of activities both relating to Leeds history as a Yorkshire hub, but also enjoy its bubbling artistic prowess.
- Leeds Art Gallery: The city’s main art collection.
- Royal Armouries Museum: A national museum of armements and related items.
- Roundhay Park: The largest green space in the city, with many attractions including lakes and playgrounds and a pleasant surrounding area.
- Royal Horticultural Society’s Garden: A beautiful set of gardens to reflect more natural scenery.
- National Coal Mining Museum: A history of an industry important to the region.
- Leeds City Museum: Museum with a diverse collection relating to the city.
- Temple Newsam: A stately home worth the visit, with a farm and cafe.
- Spofforth Castle: A typical medieval castle with an interesting national history.
- Abbey House Museum: This museum brings Victorian living to life and is great for all ages.
- Leeds and Liverpool Canal: A top spot for cycling and enjoying the marinas.
- Emmerdale Studio Experience: Discover the behind-the-scenes of one of the nation’s favourite soap operas, and dive straight into a guided tour of the show.
Destinations similar to Leeds
Enjoyed staying in an apartment rental for the weekend in Leeds? In that case, take a look at these range of other UK destinations that you're sure to enjoy for a trip to the city:
- Manchester: Potentially the bigger sister of the North in terms of exciting British cities - what's more, it's not too far from Leeds itself. Manchester has it all - football, shopping, music a fantastic nightlife and heaps of culture to be enjoyed. Find Manchester apartments right here.
- Liverpool: Another big player in the UK city game. Liverpool has one of the most iconic musical cultures and is an exciting, lively place with locals that will offer you a warm welcome. Find apartments to rent in Leeds right here.