Find the top holiday cottages and accommodation in York
Book a York holiday rental with a hot tub today
Compare hundreds of holiday apartments in York and you can visit the medieval city in the North of England which is iconic in terms of the role played in English history and culture. Here at Hundredrooms we understand that finding the perfect holiday accommodation in York can be a stressful process. That is why we endeavour to make your trip easier by taking your needs into account and making sure that you see all of the available options on one screen. Staying in accommodation here means that you will have the opportunity to climb up to York Castle to enjoy the views over the city, or Barley Hall where you will be transported directly back in time with its timber framed architecture. This town is the most visited place in England after London and Manchester, and certainly warrants a visit. So what are you waiting for? Your holiday letting is the perfect getaway for exploring the River Ouse and countryside alongside the historic city centre. Whether you would like a self-catering holiday let in York or something catered specifically to your tastes. Known as England’s ‘City of Festivals’, you are sure to enjoy the various cultural events in this historic city, and has some of the most beautifully preserved buildings in Europe such as the York Minster. The old city walls date back to the 13th century and you should explore the city from the comfort of your York city holiday rental by foot, getting lost along its winding cobbled paths. Stay in a traditional holiday cottage and relive the days gone by, or enjoy its various eating and drinking establishments.
Places to stay in York
- York City Centre: Better known as the part of the city that is within the old city walls, if you want to be close to all of the oldest streets, then this is the place to book your holiday apartment.
- Bootham: A popular place for visitors to York, as it is a district located in the city walls and can be found through one the ancient gateways to the city known as Bootham Bar.
- Acomb: Formerly a farming village, this suburb in the city is a wonderful collection of Grade II listed buildings, and has many shops and places to enjoy yourself.
- Bishophill: Within the city walls, you will find this core suburb of York city centre. It slopes from the walls to the River Ouse and is in the south-west of the city. It has many places to book a holiday house to rent in York and occupies a picturesque area by the river.
- The Groves: North of the city centre is this suburb which is largely made up of traditional terraced housing. You will find a whole range of short-stay accommodation and a young population to match.
- Heworth: Forming part of the city and was formerly known as Heworth Village. It is the site of a famous battle on Heworth Moor, and is only a mile northeast of the city centre.
- Tang Hall: If you’re looking for more of a village feel during your stay in the city of York, we recommend Tang Hall. There is a young student population as it close by to the University of York, so you are bound to find cheap accommodation in York. It also has a variety of amenities close by.