Selection of holiday accommodation in North Yorkshire
- Establishment type: Apartment6 guests
Find holiday lets in North Yorkshire
Find holiday lettings in North Yorkshire and you can discover the best places to stay in North Yorkshire, England’s largest county. With Hundredrooms we gather all of the best Yorkshire holiday accommodation in one place, so you don’t have to search each holiday rental site separately. The rural county has managed to maintain its untouched beauty over time, since the Middle Ages, in fact. Looking for the ultimate place for a self-catering cottage getaway? North Yorkshire is certainly among the best destinations to choose from. North Yorkshire´s natural beauty is summed up by the iconic tales of the Bronte sisters or Bram Stoker’s Dracula, set in the North York Moors National Park, and the town of Whitby. The ruined abbeys and Georgian stately homes are the perfect backdrop for your holiday cottages in North Yorkshire. All you have to do is tell us how many people you’re travelling with, and for how long. We’ll take care of the rest for you. What makes North Yorkshire a truly authentic place to stay in a holiday let, is because you can choose to be in a holiday apartment in a place such as the historic city of York, or a smaller town with plenty of stories to tell such as Whitby, or Harrogate. North Yorkshire is particularly well known for its traditional pubs and architecture, and a popular option is to choose a country pub for your North Yorkshire accommodation. Or alternatively, you can find North Yorkshire Moors accommodation in the midst of the dramatic national park. Or maybe you’re looking for North Yorkshire Dales accommodation. It is easy to forget that this region is even home to some of the most adorable beach towns, and so accommodation along the North Yorkshire coast, in the likes of Scarborough, is also a great choice. You might want to request a dog-friendly holiday cottage - we do our best to bring you the finest selection from hundreds of websites. This area of England has it all. What are you waiting for? The perfect North Yorkshire holiday home is awaiting your arrival.
Holiday rentals for two
Best cities, towns and villages
Whether you’re looking for the perfect holiday cottage near one of the beautiful national parks, or pub accommodation, which is also a popular option. Read below to discover a summary of all of the best places:
- Harrogate: This delightful spa town has been a popular destination for holidaymakers since the Victorian times, when they discovered the health benefits of mineral spas. The stately homes and gardens are all in pristine condition, and it is certainly one of the most picturesque of towns in North Yorkshire. Find holiday rentals in Harrogate here.
- Whitby: North Yorkshire is not only home to rolling fields, it also has a coastline. Whitby is one of the most famous seaside towns of North Yorkshire, and has a wide and deep reaching heritage. During the Middle Ages it was used as a fishing port, and is famous where Captain Cook learnt to sail. It is referenced on multiple occasions in the likes of Bram Stoker’s Dracula. The abbey is the oldest landmark, and hangs over East Cliff overlooking the town. Find accommodation in Whitby here.
- York: The medieval city of York is a wonderful place for a holiday rental in North Yorkshire, and is the second most visited city in England outside of London. The winding streets of York is home to some of the most well-preserved architecture dating back to before Roman times. It is a cathedral city and also famous for giving its name to New York in the USA. Staying in York is a wonderful idea if you want to experience the city and also be at close proximity to enjoy the countryside. It is a charming place to choose your North Yorkshire holiday let.
- Scarborough: Perhaps the most iconic British seaside resort, located on the North Sea coast, this was once a medieval fishing port. The castle that is nestled on its headland frames this town perfectly, and might feel as though you’re stepping back in time - but in a totally charming way. Find cottages in Scarborough here.
- Middlesbrough: One of North Yorkshire’s post-industrial towns, located in the northeast of the county. Find holiday rentals in Middlesbrough here.
- Thirsk: A popular market town with close proximity to the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Dales national parks. It is famous for its racecourse, and being the home of Thomas Lord, after whom the Lord’s Cricket Ground in London is named alongside James Herriot, the author. Find accommodation in Thirsk, North Yorkshire with us.
- Richmond: At the very periphery of the Yorkshire Dales National Park is the market town of Richmond. If you choose accommodation in Richmond North Yorkshire, you will be choosing one of the most charming and ‘romantic’ towns in the North East of England. It was even named UK town of the year a few years back.
- Ripon: A cathedral city in North Yorkshire that is the third smallest in the county. Founded by Saint Wilfrid during the time of the kingdom of Anglia, it is over 1,300 years old! It is close to Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Park, which is considered a UNESCO Heritage Site. Accommodation in Ripon North Yorkshire means you’ll be staying in one of the most charming destinations in the county.
- Pickering: We recommend that you choose accommodation in Pickering, North Yorkshire if you’re looking for a place that is a gateway to the North York Moors national park. The town dates back to the medieval period, and is home to many an ancient legend.
- Malton: This market town has been voted on multiple occasions to be one of the best place to live in Britain, and for good reason. It is a charming town between the North and East Ridings of Yorkshire, and has a large number of small traditional shops and establishments. Accommodation in Malton, North Yorkshire can be found here on Hundredrooms.
- Sandsend: Choosing accommodation in Sandsend is a wonderful idea if you want to stay by the North Yorkshire coast. It is a calm fishing village with some traditional facilities such as a pub and restaurant.
- Malham: Accommodation in Malham, North Yorkshire is highly sought after by those that are looking to find somewhere to stay near the Yorkshire Dales. It is considered to be one of the most beautiful villages in the country, and is in the stunning Craven district, and exhibits wonderful limestone scenery.
- Filey: An elegant seaside town along the Yorkshire Coast, accommodation in Filey North Yorkshire promises a sweeping beach, beautiful crags and cliffs. It also has an old-school promenade which will transport you back in time.
- Staithes: The seaside village of Staithes is a fishing hub, and a delightful little spot for close proximity to the North York Moors. Accommodation in Staithes, North Yorkshire promises a truly authentic stay, with tiny winding streets.
- Masham: If you’re looking for accommodation in Masham, North Yorkshire, you’ve come to the right place. This adorable small market town is located in Lower Wensleydale, and has an exciting art scenes, and is home to great pubs and breweries.
- Castleton, North Yorkshire: Accommodation in Castleton, North Yorkshire is a good idea if you would like to explore the North York Moors and rent a holiday cottage in a historic village with plenty of amenities. It is popular for bird watching, walking and is located on the River Esk.
- Hawes: This is one of the most popular destinations for access to the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Located at the head of the Wensleydale region, it is known as the birthplace of the famous Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese. Find accommodation in Hawes, North Yorkshire here.
- Settle: The market town in the Craven area of North Yorkshire is a good place to stay if you need good transport links. It is served by two railway stations, and isn’t too far from Leeds Bradford Airport. You can also pass through to Kendal in the Lake District.
When to visit
The demand for holiday accommodation in North Yorkshire experiences a peak during the festive period, when the price is around £100 per night during the week. From the beginning of January onwards, the prices nearly half to around £59 per night. Many people enjoy a cosy holiday cottage during the winter holidays, and there’s no doubt that North Yorkshire is at its most scenic at this time of year. For cheap accommodation in North Yorkshire, the month November is a good time to visit. Prices are around £55 per night during the second week.
Yorkshire Dales and other points of interest
- North York Moors National Park: A wonderful and historic place, that has been recreated in both literature, and television time and time again. It is a peaceful and tranquil area of Britain, with a purple and green carpet of heather and thistles.
- Yorkshire Dales National Park: An incredible area of natural land with moors, valleys and luscious woodland. Hike up to the top of Ingleborough Peak, or climb to the iconic Bolton Abbey for some of the most dramatic views across the region.
- Brimham Rocks: These are one of the most interesting balancing rock formations in England. They have created some amazing shapes following years of erosion from wind, glaciation and so on.
- Nidderdale: This is one of the Yorkshire Dales, and is a wonderful place to hike and explore in the upper valley of the River Nidd.