Selection of cottages to rent and self-catering accommodation in Suffolk
Find Suffolk country cottages here
Compare thousands of cottages in Suffolk and you can enjoy your trip to the county in East Anglia overlooking the North Sea in England in just one click. No need to trawl each and every site for Suffolk holiday rentals; Hundredrooms gathers the best holiday lettings in one place from a range of sites. Find holiday accommodation with all of the relevant facilities on one page and this way you’re sure to find the cheapest option. Compare and discover the best in Suffolk. With adorable villages that make you feel as though you were stepping back in time, and seaside resorts with a Victorian twist. The Tudor architecture is bound to make you want to choose a holiday cottage in Suffolk and you can stay in a market town, or maybe you’re looking for a Suffolk cottage on your holiday to Aldeburgh. Here you can relax on a deck chair laid out next to one of the iconic beach huts. Why not stay in one of the avaialble cabins? History is waiting to be unearthed here in Suffolk; discover Bury St Edmunds and its historic architecture. Just tell us how many people you’re travelling with, and for how long, and we’ll take care of the rest. With some of the most important Anglo-Saxon historical sites in the whole of England, you are bound to have plenty to see and do during your stay in a holiday let. Bordering Norfolk, you are in one of the most beautiful rural parts of the country. Explore one of England’s largest counties today and enjoy the likes of Orford Castle and Abbey Gardens; one which remains relatively unaffected by tourism. Search now for your Suffolk self-catering cottage!
Cottages for families
Cottages for two people
Places to stay in Suffolk
This is the furthest east possible that you can travel in the UK, when you meet Ness Point. Where are you looking to find your holiday cottage? Many holidaymakers opt for a self-catering cottage along the Suffolk coast. Is this what you’re after, too?
- Southwold: One of Suffolk’s most delightful coastal town, which is replete with a selection of excellent restaurants and independent shops.
- Ipswich: This is the county town of Suffolk, and is mostly famous for Ipswich Town FC. There is a fantastic entertainment centre in the Waterfront district. It is also well connected to London Liverpool Street, and also by motorway.
- Lowestoft: Winner of the Blue Flag award, this tranquil beach town is home to one the UK’s finest sandy beaches. From here, you can also easily access the Norfolk Broads.
- Felixstowe: Home to one of the finest harbours and ports around, this is also known as the ‘Port of Europe’. It is a ‘garden resort’, and a calm place to find a holiday cottage.
- Bury St Edmunds: An important Saxon town with a role to play in the Magna Carta. It is full of some of the most magical buildings, such as the Guildhall and its churches.
- Woodbridge: A picturesque town with some of the most important Anglo-Saxon archeological sites.
- Orford: Explore Orford from a holiday rental near Orford Castle and the old medieval church of the town. It is located on the sea and is certainly a pleasant place to stay in Suffolk.
Sutton Hoo and other points of interest
- Sutton Hoo: This country estate is also the site of two 6th and early 7th century burial sites. One contained a ship burial and there are a whole range of Anglo-Saxon artefacts that have been unearthed.
- Suffolk Coast and Heaths: Designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this area is made up of forestry, ancient woodland and various estuaries. You will find some of the most enchanting shingle beaches along its many miles of coastline.
- Bridge Cottage: This is a typical thatched cottage from the 16th century which has been a Grade II listed building since the 1950s. It is located in Flatford.
- Framlingham Castle: A Norman castle that was originally a motte and bailey. It was built by 1148, and has an interesting history after having been destroyed by Henry II of England. By the 13th century it was transformed into a stately home.