Best of villas to rent and holiday apartments in Benalmádena
- Establishment type: Apartment4 guests | 60 m²
- Establishment type: Apartment3 guestsComments: 3View more
- Establishment type: Apartment9 guests | 110 m²Comments: 13View more
- Establishment type: Apartment6 guestsComments: 49View more
- Establishment type: Apartment8 guests | 330 m²Comments: 4View more
- Establishment type: Apartment10 guestsComments: 27View more
Find hundreds of apartments in Benalmádena Marina for your trip
Apartments in Benalmádena are among the most popular during the summer holidays in this area of the Costa del Sol. The Mediterranean Sea here sparkles in the summer sun, and is one of the most visited by travellers all over the world during high season. Whether you're looking for an authentic apartment in the Benalmádena Old Town, or cheap apartments on the Benalmádena Costa, we can help you find your perfect option. It’s no wonder - not only does it have an extensive coastline full of idyllic beaches, but is also a place that offers around the clock leisure activities. Apartments near the likes of Carvajal Beach, Bil Bil Beach or Los Melilleros Beach attract thousands of visitors when the weather is beautiful. It has one of the highest concentrations of holiday lettings along the coast, and if you’re reserving with us, you don’t need to dig deep into your pockets to enjoy that holiday feeling of a sea breeze on a terrace. We compare the prices of over 100 websites so you can simply relax during your trip and find the ultimate holiday rentals in Benalmádena. Self-catering apartments, villas, whatever you’re after, you can stay where you feel most comfortable and with the guarantee that you will get a great price. You can choose what is most important to you, whether that be a pool, jacuzzi, internet. Whatever you require, we can make sure you enjoy your dream holiday with the best accommodation in Benalmádena on the Costa del Sol.
Places to stay in Benalmádena
Benalmádena is one of the most popular centres of tourism on the Costa del Sol, occupying a large area of the coast. The sandy beaches are what pulls people towards this Andalusian city that reaches maximum sunlight in August. Benalmádena and holidays are two terms that go hand in hand, as it is a perfect place to disconnect from the stress of the rest of the year and simply soak up the sun in some private apartments in Benalmadena that we have found for you. Because so many people love to travel here to unwind, this city has many leisure activities available both day and night, and is led by the Tivoli World amusement park and the Torrequebrada Casino. Both are in different areas of the city, so depending on who you’re travelling with or what you require from your trip, it is important you know more about each of them when choosing your holiday accommodation. These are the three major urban centres:
- Benalmádena Pueblo - Old Town: This is the oldest part of the city and is of Muslim origin. It preserves the pristine white aesthetic of many Andalusian towns, and is halfway between the sea and the mountain, only a small distance from the coast. On Hundredrooms, we can find you some fantastic apartments in Benalmadena Pueblo that you are sure to love. It is a quieter area than the coastal town, as it better preserves old customs. It is also 241 metres above sea level so you have a wonderful view of the coast. Here you can find the Museum of Pre-Columbian Art Felipe Orlando, the Church of Santo Domingo de Guzmán and, especially, the Castillo Monumento Colomares.
- Arroyo de la Miel: This area connects the Benalmádena Old Town with Benalmádena Costa and its name comes from the streams that descend from the hills and its tradition in cultivating honey. Currently its activity is mainly commercial, with the Tivoli World amusement park at its centre, so if you're with the kids, a Benalmadena villa to rent here could be a great option.
- Benalmádena Costa: The coastal part of Benalmádena stretches along the coast of Malaga. The ‘Puerta Marina’ is among many of the beaches in the area and is one of the most important throughout the whole of Andalusia. It is the main tourist hub due to its many services and the Torrequebrada Casino. A holiday rental in Benalmádena Costa is a popular option for sun, sea and sand.
Family holiday rentals in Benalmádena
Dog-friendly apartments in Benalmádena
- Establishment type: Apartment10 guestsComments: 27View more
Summer in Benalmádena
Benalmádena, like any coastal destination, lives its golden months during the summer; so there is a conflict of interest. On the one hand, enjoy the excellent weather and a vacation on the Costa del Sol; on the other, the increase in prices. During the months of July and August the tourist occupation of Benalmádena reaches maximum levels, especially the last two, when the average price of holiday apartments can reach an increase of over 150% in relation to the low season. The 25 degrees Celsius usually recorded by this city of Malaga, along with its incredible beaches to cool off, make this the most desired time to visit. Probably, also the best; as long as that additional seasonal cost can be assumed. However, anyone who can leave the strictly holiday period can continue to squeeze the sun and the Benalmadena beach, at a lower cost. Both the months of May and June, when temperatures are rising, and the month of September are an excellent alternative, since the latter are much more affordable: touching 20% above the winter minimums. This option is the best in relation to quality and price combined.
1 bedroom apartments in Benalmádena
Tivoli World and other points of interest
What brings many people to Benalmadena year after year are, without a doubt, its beaches. A total of 17 are part of its coastline, which makes up over 20 kilometres of the Costa del Sol. These are among our favourites things for you to visit during your stay in a private apartment in Benalmadena:
- Playa Carvajal: This is a semi-urban beach without a promenade. There are usually a lot of people and has been awarded with a blue flag.
- Bil Bil Beach: This beach has calm waters and dark sand, and it is a popular area with a promenade.
- Playa Malapesquera: This is a beach with a large capacity, and is usually moderately busy. It has a seafront and a blue flag.
- Playa de Santa Ana: Like the previous beaches, this beach also tends to have a high influx of people. It has dark sand and moderate waves.
- Los Melilleros: Continuous from the previous Bil Bil Beach, it is similar in appearance and has over 1km of long and dark sand and very gentle wave. It is normally quite busy in summer.
- Playa La Perla: This is a quieter and more secluded option than the previous beaches. It is reachable after a small walk which means that it is usually less busy, even in high season.
- Benalmadena promenade: This provides a walk along one of the most beautiful sea promenades in the whole Mediterranean. Along here you will find much tranquility on one side near the sea, and the other the hustle and bustle of shops and restaurants.
- Bil Bil Castle: This is an Arabic style construction from the beginning of the 20th century. It is decorated under the Nasrid tradition, with red on the outside and tiles.
- Parque de la Paloma: This is the main green area of Benalmádena. It is one of the best parks of the Costa del Sol and is a popular meeting point.
- Castle of Colomares: This was built as a tribute to Christopher Columbus and the discovery of America.
- Isabella's wreck: This was a vessel that in 1855 ran aground in Torrequebrada. It was discovered that the wreck was not from the Roman era as was suspected at first, but contemporary. It is part of the Historical Heritage of Spain.
- Tivoli World: The first amusement park that was built on the Costa del Sol, in 1973.
- Torrequebrada Casino: One of the best leisure activities in the area, not only is it a games room, but it also offers parties and shows. It is next to the beach and enjoys views of the Mediterranean.
- Benalmádena cable car: This will take you to the highest point of Calamorro, almost 800m above sea level. This place offers incredible views, and you can even see the silhouette of the African Atlas mountain range.
- Benalmádena Puerto Marina: With more than 1,000 docked boats and a very original design, it has meant it has been twice recognised as "Best Marina in the World". You are sure to enjoy your holiday in one of our fabulous apartments in Benalmádena marina.
- Caves and archaeological sites: The Cueva del Toro is the most important cave of Prehistoric times alongside the Cueva de los Botijos, the Benalroma or the Los Molinillos.
What to eat in Benalmádena
The traditional cuisine of Benalmádena combines the best of Andalusian cuisine with recipes from the Benalmadena area. The milk crumbs ‘migas de leche’ and the cachorreña casserole are the two most recognised. The first is typical bread crumbs but marinated with milk. The second, on the other hand, is a soup based on bread and some spices, with a citrus touch of sour oranges and accompanied with fish, either cod, sardines or anchovies. Fish is, precisely, the key ingredient of the Benalmadena cuisine. The fried fish, as in all the towns of the Andalusian coast, is its top dish; along with others very recurrent in coastal areas, such as seafood paella or rice with any type of fish. If you want to try them in person, we leave you some of our recommendations regarding the restaurants to go to: the Mero Los Mellizos restaurant is an excellent option for group or couple celebrations, as well as the Restaurante Los Marinos Jose or Valparaiso restaurant, all of which are very distinguished. On the other hand, for not so special occasions, The Village Bistro, Bistro Michel and Lime & Lemon will be the cheapest alternative to the previous ones.