Selection of Holiday rentals in playa del ingles
Apartments to rent in Playa del Inglés
Find more holiday apartments in Playa del Inglés easily: here at Hundredrooms you have all the holiday rentals from 100 different websites on one screen. Compare prices, discover offers and choose among the cheapest apartments. Stop searching separately and stay in Playa del Inglés without paying extra. This is one of the great advantages of meta search engines like ours, especially in tourist destinations such as this in the south of Gran Canaria. With our help, you can find cheap apartments in Playa del Inglés without complications, because with one click you will have all the possibilities in front of you. Many of them will allow you to look across the bay on the beachfront from Las Burras or El Cochino beach which are the reason why people return to this destination year after year. Booking accommodation in Playa del Inglés is the best way to enjoy summer holidays, with the refreshing waters of the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the famous dunes of Maspalomas on the other. Desert and sea come together in Playa del Inglés. It has a particularly thriving nightlife, particularly in the gay community; with Pacha, Costa China White or Aqua Ocean Club as the most popular nightclubs. All of these are accompanied by an extensive offer of holiday rentals and we can help you find the best place for you depending on the type of trip you would like to have. From Punta de Maspalomas to Punta de las Burras, you have a lot of self-catering apartments in Playa del Inglés to choose from, and many of them are all inclusive. This is an authentic holiday paradise which is designed to offer you the stay that you perfectly envisaged. The Canaries are always a safe bet.
Where to stay in Gran Canaria Las Inglés
At the southern tip of the island of Gran Canaria, Playa del Inglés is one of the most touristic points of the Canarian archipelago. This part of the Gran Canaria coast stretches from Punta de Maspalomas to the beach of San Agustín and is an area of recent construction, because until the middle of the last century it was destined for agricultural exploitation. Until 1962 it was an important area for the cultivation of barley, wheat and tomatoes; from there, the three kilometres of coastline that Playa del Inglés takes up began to see much growth in tourism, taking advantage of the quality of the waters of its homonymous bay. Currently, it is one of the most important holiday destinations in the country and also internationally especially among the gay community, for whom it is a favourite throughout the year. To such an extent that a large part of its accommodation offer is labeled "gay exclusive" and that Playa del Inglés has the largest gay shopping centre in Europe, the C.C. Yumbo Centrum. Although, regardless of individual tastes, what they all agree on is the beauty of beaches such as Las Burras or El Cochino. Both suitable for both bathers and surfers, a group that also enjoys the perfect conditions in Playa del Inglés. It is a holiday option, therefore, that is varied and exciting to spend a few days with a wide range of activities both day and night. If this is your first weekend in Playa del Inglés and you do not know where to stay, here we leave you some of the best rated holiday apartments so you have somewhere to start:
- Koka Apartments, Playa del Inglés: These are probably the most popular in the area. A few minutes from the beach, they are also a few metres from the famous Yumbo Centrum shopping centre. It has its own pool and garden. Each accommodation has satellite TV, WiFi, a fully equipped kitchen and balcony. Its reception is open 24 hours a day and there are rooms for non-smokers. Koka apartments in Gran Can are a great option for your trip.
- Europa Apartments: 5 minutes from the beach and 200 metres from the Yumbo Centrum and the Gran Canaria Casino, these apartments offer a flat-screen TV in a living room with an additional sofa bed. The kitchen is equipped with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and toaster; while from the balcony and the bathroom you get views of the outdoor pool. It has its own restaurant and bar.
- Amazonas Apartments: Closer to the beach than the previous ones, here they offer fully equipped family rooms. All of them have views of the property's outdoor pool, as well as a TV and free WiFi. The complex includes a restaurant, a bar and is adapted for people with reduced mobility. It offers a transfer service to the airport, as well as its own parking.
- Fayna Apartments: With gardens and a swimming pool, these apartments are located less than half a kilometre from the beach area and from some of its rooms you can get sea views. All of them have satellite TV, although WiFi is charged separately. The kitchen includes a microwave, stove and dining table. In addition, the complex has a solarium and car and bicycle rental service.
- Las Arenas Apartments: 150 metres from the beach, these include living rooms and an equipped kitchen alongside a private balcony of which some have sea views. The complex has outdoor swimming pools for adults and children, as well as a tennis court and a nudist solarium. Its location is very close to the Meloneras golf club and the shopping centers of Yumbo, El Metro and La Kasbah.
Holiday rentals in playa del ingles
Pet friendly apartments in playa del ingles
Holiday lettings in playa del ingles
When to visit Playa del Inglés
Playa del Inglés is a destination that receives visitors throughout the year, given the unparalleled weather and climate offered by the whole of the Canary Islands and, especially, the south of Gran Canaria. However, like all beach destinations, it has a clear high season located in the summer months. Between July and August the average price of villas in Playa del Inglés doubles in relation to the annual average, being the two months in which its highest peak of occupancy occurs. No wonder then, that the season of good weather only enhances the qualities of Playa del Inglés, that is, its three kilometres of fine sand which end at the incredible dunes of Maspalomas. This place has an environment further enhanced by the variety of day and night activities offered. By day, the best conditions for surfing and all its varieties are guaranteed, as well as for a parachute descent or golf, another very popular sport in that area. Up to five luxury golf courses are located here: the Maspalomas Golf Club, the Meloneras Golf Club, the Salobre Golf Club, the Anfitauro Golf Pitch & Put and the Anfitauro Golf Club of 18 Holes. One of the best features of Playa del Inglés has got to be its nightlife. Pachá is the most notable club, although other options such as Club Ozono, Costa China White or Aqua Ocean Club are equally popular. More than enough reasons to travel during the sunny half of the year; However, a cheaper and quieter option is to do it between November and March, since the average cost of accommodation falls to 25% and is at its cheapest. The advantage is that, unlike other destinations, the charm of Playa del Inglés varies very little at that time of year, since the weather is still very good. In addition, specific events such as the increasingly famous Carnival of Maspalomas make any excuse enough to fly to Gran Canaria.
Maspalomas Dunes and other points of interest
- Dunes of Maspalomas: This is the most popular place in the area, a desert on the island of Gran Canaria. This space is recognised as a special nature reserve and is one of the great attractions of the island. Inside it has a more humid area which is occupied by a palm grove, and known as the Oasis of Maspalomas.
- Playa de las Burras: This is located at the west end of the town, next to the Punta de las Barras that marks the limit with San Agustín. There is also a surf school located here.
- Playa del Cochino: This beach is a little further down the previous and is located far closer to the urban centre. Its surroundings, therefore, have a variety of restaurants and supermarkets. Its waters are calm and its sand is dark.
- Promenade: An elevated route with the Atlantic Ocean and the dunes on the horizon. It goes from El Corralillo to the viewpoint of the Reserve of the Dunes, so is a good way to travel from one beach to another.
- Faro de Maspalomas: Located at the southern tip of Gran Canaria, it was built in 1889 to mark the navigation of the whole area, at Punta de Maspalomas. In 2005 it was declared an Asset of Cultural Interest.
- La Charca: Between the lighthouse and the dunes, this is a small lake where a great variety of animals and plants coexist. In terms of birdlife, up to 40 different species can be observed, among which are the whimbrel, the gray heron or the small sandpiper. It is also the habitat of the giant lizard of Gran Canaria, which is an endemic species of the island.
- Botanical Park: This is the vegetal version of the previous. With more over 12,000 square metres, it houses more than 500 species of palm trees, fruit trees, aquatic plants, etc. Including even some spices of Macaronesia. It is a good option for family trips.
- Ecumenical Temple of San Salvador: This is a peculiar religious building in which all variants of Christianity coexist, independently of the language and the group itself. It was founded in 1971 with the aim of welcoming practitioners from different parts of Europe, given the large foreign influx.
- C.C.Yumbo Centrum: This is the largest gay shopping mall in Europe. More than 200 shops are included in the interior of its 20,000 square metres from bars to fashion and electronic stores.
- Olympic Beach Gym: Located on the beach, this gym means that you can exercise and still enjoy sea views.
- Holiday World: This is the largest amusement park in Gran Canaria. Opened in 2005, this free entrance park includes attractions for both adults and children. Some of the most popular are the Sky Drop, the Giro Loop and the family aquatic track.
- Aqualand: This is the largest water park on the island, separated into four large areas. The main one is the Adrenaline Fun, which has the Snake Falls as a new attraction; the others are more destined to families and they are Family Fun, Kidzworld and Chill Out & Play.
- Sioux City: Not far from Playa del Inglés is the oldest theme park in Gran Canaria, built in 1972, when it was built as a stage for films. A park set in the far west, with lounge shows and horse riding experiences, among other things.
- Mundo Aborigen: This is an open-air museum located in the Fataga ravine, inside the Ayagaures Natural Park. North of Playa del Inglés, it shows the life of the first inhabitants of the island dating back more than 2,000 years ago.
- Degollada de la Yegua: This is a viewpoint 800m above ground in the Fataga ravine itself, from which you can get incredible views of all its surroundings and the southern Gran Canaria. It is an area declared as Protected Landscape and Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO.
- Canary Islands Space Centre: Also near Playa del Inglés, this centre has as its main activity the tracking of satellites such as Cluster II and others with organisations such as NASA. It was the first station that received the voices of astronauts when man reached the moon in 1969.
- Juncalillo del Sur: Also on the southeast coast of the island, this space has a great faunistic value, since it contains 33% of the birds that nest on the island. In addition, it also stands out for the presence of its salt mines, enjoying the degree of protection Site of Scientific Interest and Protected Natural Area.
Similar destinations to Playa del Inglés
After spending a few days in Playa del Inglés, you’re sure to want to return to the Canarian archipelago. Undoubtedly, this is, as a whole, one of the most beautiful places in Spain and one of the top destinations to spend your holiday regardless of the season, since summer never ends in the Canaries. Therefore, now that you have found the best cheap accommodation in Playa del Inglés, we want to inform you more about its neighbouring islands and the offers of holiday accommodation available there:
- Tenerife: This is the most impressive island in the whole archipelago, with a landscape that seems almost otherworldly. You can check here our selection of apartments.
- Fuerteventura: The beauty continues with an incredible volcanic aesthetic settled in the three large cores that formed the island. A natural treasure, look where you look.
- Lanzarote: The smallest of the four, but the most spectacular per square metre. So valuable that it is protected in its entirety. You can check here our selection of apartments.