Selection of Holiday rentals in Algarve
Algarve Villa Rentals
Are you thinking about booking your trip to stay in a sundrenched Algarve villa on the southern coast of Portugal? We’ve got everything you need for a relaxing trip right here at Hundredrooms - we take the time to compare all of the possible options for Algarve accommodation so that all is left for you to do is book your flights and relax. We have a selection of villas to rent in Portugal Algarve across various towns, so that you can base yourself in Albufeira, hike the Via Algarviana and explore the likes of Lagos and Faro. If you’re looking for a refreshing beach destination that has an endless number of scalloped seafronts, high cliffs and much more activities to enjoy your holiday, then this Portuguese region is perfect for your trip. With a clear Moorish imprint on its architecture and infrastructure, you will fall in love with the geometric designs of the villas and whitewashed chimneys, alongside the sprawling white sanded beaches of the southern region of Portugal. We have thousands of available offers from many of our different partners, some of which include the biggest holiday rental providers. This region of Portugal boasts some of the prettiest castles and wild flora that you’re bound to fall in love with - so what are you waiting for? Book the perfect holiday apartment in the Algarve now. In theory, you can visit the Algarve at any time in the year, as spring and summer last from March through till the end of October. As with most southern destinations in the Iberian peninsula, the ‘golden’ time to visit has got to be the summer period between mid June and September, but is naturally when Algarve accommodation and self catering is at its highest price. If you’re eager to see the sun and are willing to pay premium then so be it, however there are also a lot of cheaper prices to be found between December and March. You can usually go swimming at the beach in spring and autumn, however if the water is still a little cold then there are plenty other activities to keep you entertained. For example, golf courses are open all year and are a great way to explore the rolling hills of the region.
Algarve Holiday Rentals
Considered to be the coastal jewel of Portugal, this southernmost region of the country attracts thousands of holidaymakers every year to its shimmering beaches, to its world-renowned golf courses and seaside restaurants. For that reason alone, villas in Algarve with a private pool are very popular. The Algarve coastline was the point from which the Portuguese set off for world discover in the 15th century, and it is certainly not short of incredible seaside views. It is characterised by golden cliffs and rolling golf courses and is the ideal spot to enjoy water sports. The region is famous for its rich agricultural offering, and you should be sure to try the figs, almonds, oranges and carob beans in its gastronomy. This region is laden with strawberry trees and cork oaks which are sure to enchant you across every village. It is famous for its ‘Medronho’ fruit brandy which is made from the sweet fruit of the homonymous trees that grow wild. Many of the largest villages are former fishing towns, and so equally so, the fish gastronomy is something you absolutely must try. Dishes using fish and shellfish are widely common, such as sardines, mackerel and tuna.
Places to stay in the Algarve
When somebody mentions the Algarve, it is easy to be a little perplexed by the sheer amount of beautiful beaches that are available to explore. If you’re wondering where is best to book your self catering in the Algarve, then let us help you decide with our guide on where is best. The region is mainly split up into the western, central and eastern parts, and depending on what you want to get out of your trip, you can locate base yourself in a lively resort with all necessary amenities along the coast, or drive 20 minutes in land and get lost in patches of countryside that are among the most peaceful on the Iberian Peninsula. The nearest airport is Faro Airport and is located relatively centrally, so you can reach all areas of the region easily and book cheap flights to accompany your cheap Algarve villas.
- Albufeira: If you’re looking for sun, sea, sand and a package deal in one of the Algarve’s older fishing villages, we recommend that you come here. It is a good choice for families and beach centred fun. By both day and night, this place is particularly busy and full of things to do from your apartments in the Algarve, Portugal. Take a look at the villas in Albufeira that we have found here.
- Lagos: This town dates back to the 16th century with its age-old walls and cobbled streets. It has plenty of Algarve villas near the beach and many great beaches and restaurants. It has all of the offers of family fun and beaches, but also with a great nightlife.
- Faro: As the capital of the Algarve, it is not short of holiday apartments in the Algarve and is somewhat more authentic than perhaps some of the other towns that are geared up for holidays. It has all of the amenities of a good town with cafes, a marina, and an animated nightlife. While many do not choose to stay here, you are not far from the Parque Natural da Ria Formosa and the islands of Ilha de Faro and Ilha de Barreta.
- Portimão: This is the second largest city in the region, and is a bit more cosmopolitan than some of the other municipalities here. It is characterised by calm waters and long sandy beaches, alongside a lively marina which livens up the area both during the day and night time.
- Tavira: If you’re looking for something more authentic, Tavira is the perfect place for Algarve rentals that is made up of traditional architecture. A number of its streets line the River Gilão all the way along to the castle for incredible views over the town. The oldest bridge dates back to the 17th century and has many Moorish influences that are still evident today.
- Silves, Portugal: Dominated by an incredible red brick castle, the Moorish influences are equally as evident in this part of the Algarve. If you’d like to stay in a part of the region that will allow you to learn more about the history of the place, this could be the town for you. It has a relaxed and pleasant ambiance that is suitable for older audiences looking for some calm for their cheap accommodation in the Algarve.
- Vilamoura: As the biggest tourist complex in the whole of Europe, it has everything you could possibly need from a package holiday. It has a large marina where most of the activity is centered.
- Olhão: This is the largest fishing port in the Algarve, and so most of the activity centres around this. At first glance it may seem an industrial town, but exemplifies the Moorish houses that date back to commercial links in Africa. Book one of our self catering apartments in the Algarve for an authentic experience of the region.
Holiday rentals in Algarve
Holiday villas in Algarve
What to do in the Algarve
As a bonafide beach destination, it is recommended that you make the most of the endless white sand and azure waters in the form of watersports, incredible coastline gastronomy, and sunbathing. The Portuguese coastline has an interesting history pertaining to its Moorish past, such as the Castle of Silves. You will be enchanted by its ability to entertain all ages - with lively resorts that are ideal for young couples, secure resorts for children, and rolling countryside and quiet villages, you’ll find something you enjoy from one of our cheap villas in the Portugal Algarve.
- Castle of Silves: Located in Silves, this castle comprising four towers and is of Moorish construction with some sweeping views across the region.
- Culatra Island: This large sandy island is located just south of Faro, and forms part of the Ria Formosa national park. Head here to escape the crowds and for some peace and quiet.
- Lagos Zoo: The piece de résistance of this zoo has got to be the Portuguese restaurant located within. Alongside a collection of mammals, birds and more.
- Zoomarine Algarve: A unique day out, this park combines a marine park with a sandy beach, slides and a wave pool.
- Penina Golf and Resort: Spanning over 360 acres, this is one of the most prestigious golf courses in the area.
- Cathedral of Faro: This cathedral dates back to the 13th century, and is an example of Catholic architecture in the region.
- Southwest Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park: For some of the most breathtaking coastal scenery, you should certainly pay a visit to this wonderful landscape with its cliffs and beaches. Praia da Rocha: One of the busiest beaches on the Algarve, and has all of the amenities you would need for a day next to the sea.
- Cape St Vincent: This headland is located in the west of the Algarve looking out across the Atlantic, and is a great place to drive to and watch the sunset. It is technically located on the Costa Vicentina.
- Tavira Island: In the eastern Algarve, this island lies just south of Tavira and is considered to have some of the best beaches in the area. It can only be reached by boat.