Selection of Holiday rentals in Albufeira
Villas to rent in Albufeira Old Town
Choose one of the villas in Albufeira available on our website to make your summer in the Algarve absolutely unforgettable. Compare hundreds of holiday rentals that are just a short distance to Los Pescadores Beach and save up to 25% on your booking. If you prefer, you can go to other beaches such as Inatel, Oura, do Peneco, Falesia or San Rafael which are all fine golden sand beaches with crystal clear waters. From your accommodation in Albufeira you can also visit Olhos de Água which is one of the most popular districts among visitors. If you’re looking to enjoy the nightlife, we recommend staying close to the Oura area, where "the Strip" is located and is one of the busiest streets for Albufeira nightlife. In addition, many wonderful beaches are surrounded by cliffs and places to party, during your stay you can dedicate yourself to sightseeing in places like Zoomarine, the Clock Tower or the Archaeological Museum. If you’re a golf enthusiast you can practice at the Pine Cliffs Golf Course, which has a total of 9 holes for both beginners and experts. The Albufeira self-catering enjoy a high demand among the Portuguese, due to those who decide to travel to Albufeira to spend the weekend. If you get bored of always being in the same place, we recommend that you take a day trip to Faro or to Lagos, two nearby Algarve towns with a lot of charm. Don’t wait for the rates to go up and get your self-catering apartment in Albufeira as soon as possible. The perfect time to travel to Albufeira is during the summer months, from May to September. The price of the apartments in Albufeira Portugal during August starts at £75 per night, since it is the main peak of the high season in the Algarve. If you want to find cheap apartments in Albufeira, it is best that you come in May when prices fall up to 24%. The best way to get to Albufeira is by taking a flight to Faro International Airport (FAO). From there you can take the bus number 16 that takes you to the centre of Faro and then take another to Albufeira, or take a taxi (between 40 and 55 €). Once in the old town you can easily move to areas such as Oura and Olhos de Agua. In addition, from here you can move to other spots such as Lagos by train or bus from one of our holiday villas in Albufeira that we have available for you.
Places to stay in Albufeira
Albufeira is a Portuguese city located in the Algarve region, in the district of Faro, subdivided into five districts: Albufeira, Ferreiras, Guia, Olhos de Água and Paderne. It was once an important centre for fishing, and is nowadays one of the favourite destinations in the Algarve for holidays. From the holiday apartments in Albufeira you can visit the historical centre of the city, where buildings of the ancient al-Buhera (sea castle in Arabic) are still preserved. One of the greatest things to do is to walk along the Roman Bridge of Tavira while admiring the sea or approaching the Marina of Albufeira, from where you can explore the caves near the city or see the dolphins. We recommend that you stay in one of the most typical whitewashed villas in Albufeira Old Town to really live like a local. The most lively spots to enjoy the nightlife are the surroundings of Avenida Sa Carneiro, where the "Rua dos Bares" or "The Strip" are located. If you are hesitant about where you should get your holiday rental in Albufeira, here are some ideas:
- Historic Quarter: The urban centre is characterised by whitewashed alleys that line the fishermen's beach and climb up to the hill, and is certainly the most popular option for apartments in Albufeira Old Town. In its corners you will find dozens of seafood restaurants with fresh fish and typical pastry shops where you can stop for typical Portuguese desserts. The best option is to opt for self catering apartments in Albufeira Old Town, so you can explore the oldest part of the city, buy local ingredients and prepare a delicious meal at home.
- Olhos de Água: One of the favorite options for holidaymakers, where you can easily find beach apartments in Albufeira. From here you can enjoy the most beautiful views of the Atlantic coast of the Algarve. In addition, the town of Albufeira is known for having the highest number of beaches awarded with the Blue Flag (reaching 20 in 2011), which has made the demand for accommodation in Albufeira, Portugal increase in demand.
- Oura: If you're looking to enjoy the nightlife, you must book your Albufeira accommodation in this area. Here is the famous street "The Strip", which is very much recognisable by its neons and fluorescent colours. Have a few shots at La Bamba and end the night by dancing at Reno's. This is a great area for cheap accommodation in Albufeira as it is geared up for visitors to the area.
- Sesmarias: In this area you can find the beaches of Castelo and Coelha, which are less frequented by tourists than others in Albufeira. It has a calm atmosphere and you can sunbathe here on the golden sand.
Things to do in Albufeira
This southern region of the country has plenty to explore in terms of its history and fishing heritage. You are sure to enjoy some of these activities during your stay in one of the best apartments to rent in Albufeira.
- Pine Cliffs Golf Course: A golf course located in a very natural region just a short distance from the ocean. It has 9 holes where both beginners in this sport and experts can play just a short distance from your one of the Albufeira luxury apartments. It has a golf academy with more than 20 years of teaching experience.
- Zoomarine: An aquarium and water park where you can swim and also meet the sea lions and dolphins of the park.
- Clock Tower: Located on Rua Bernardino de Soussa, this is a tower dating back to the 19th century.
- Church of San Sebastián: A baroque church dating back to the eighteenth century, with a dome and two portals.
- Castle Walls: One of the few remains of the wall that can still be seen is on Rua Joaquim Pedro Samora. There are only ruins of a tower left which form part of the Gate Anta Ana, one of the doors of the castle that allowed the passage to the chapel.
- Albufeira Museum of Archeology: A must for tourists who come to this corner of the Algarve. Here you will find Roman, Greek, Muslim relics. It is a free museum, which stays closed on Mondays.
Holiday rentals in Albufeira
Cheap holiday lettings in Albufeira
Best beaches in Albufeira
From the comfort of the villas in Portugal Albufeira to rent that we have here at Hundredrooms, you can access one of the area’s many incredible beaches. Some of them are secluded and private, and others busier with more amenities available. You can even alternate between staying in one of the many Albufeira villas with a private pool that are available, and visiting one of these incredible beaches.
- Galé Leste Beach: Two beaches separated by a cliff with all the necessary services for beachgoers. To the right is the largest sandy area, while the left is an area of cliffs where you will find small coves such as Balbina, Duarte or Evaristo.
- Playa de los Pescadores: Located in the centre of Albufeira is this beach which is very recognizable by the abundance of fishing boats that you will find on the sand.
- Praia da Oura: This is one of the most popular. It is located in the district of Oura, a short distance an area that is famous for its nightlife. It has all the services of the urban beaches, Blue Flag and lots of restaurants just a stone’s throw from your Albufeira villa.
- Playa do Castelo: This is a beach surrounded by high cliffs, with fine golden sand and turquoise waters.
- Playa Falesia: A beautiful crescent-shaped bay with slightly wild surroundings and rocky mountains in the background.
- Vilamoura Beach: Located between the marina of Vilamoura and Quarteira, it is an easily accessible beach within the Algarve.
- San Rafael Beach: Small jewel hidden between the cliffs, which have curious formations due to erosion. It is a very interesting beach for scuba diving, since the marine life of the area is very abundant and its rock formations create aquatic landscapes worthy of contemplation. It has the distinctive Blue Flag and in its surroundings there are bars and restaurants.
- Praia do Peneco: A few miles from the historic centre of Albufeira, this blue flag beach is the favorite of many beachgoers, who come here to enjoy the fine golden sand and swim in the crystal clear waters. It is also known as the Praia do Tunel.
- Playa de Coelha: This beach is located a little further west of Albufeira, in a quiet area without too many people.
- Playa de los Salgados: This is one of the most exclusive beaches, around which we can find numerous holiday apartments in Portugal’s Albufeira and shops, as well as golf courses and one of the most important sports clubs in the area.
- Inatel Beach: One of the busiest beaches which is located in an ideal area for hiking as nearby are some caves.