Selection of Holiday rentals in Tuscany
Tuscany villas with private pools
Are you looking for a Tuscany villa to rent? You've come to the right place! Find and compare all offers from across the web for villas in Tuscany with a pool and book from €19 per night. With Hundredrooms you will always find all the offers of the most affordable Tuscany rentals! Tuscany is waiting for your arrival - it is rich with incredible cities that are replete with history and artistic heritage, such as Florence, Pisa and Siena. This region is also perfect for a beach holiday, with a large availability of luxury villas in Tuscany by the sea in areas such as Versilia or Argentario. There is also a great offer of homes inland, such as villas, farmhouses for rent and countryside retreats, which is perfect in this region where you escape to the mountains or hills. All you have to do is let us know what dates you’re thinking of travelling and the number of people, and we’ll find you your ideal Tuscany Italy villas. In just a few seconds, we will show you all of the available offers and you can filter them according to your favourite services: holiday villas with private pools, villas by the sea, pet-friendly apartments, parking and so much more. This magical region and home of Italian culture is waiting to be explored.
Places to rent in Tuscany, Italy
Tuscany has always been a popular destination for tourists from all over the world, alongside other regions such as Sicily and Sardinia. This is a varied region with lots to offer: sea, nature, culture and, of course, gastronomy! It is a mostly hilly region, however Tuscany is surrounded by the Apennines and overlooks both the Ligurian Sea and the Tyrrhenian Sea, with some of the most important beach destinations in Italy. It is not easy, therefore, to choose where to stay and in what area of Tuscany is best to look for Tuscany accommodation. Here are some tips:
- Sea: One of the most sought-after types of accommodation are the cheap seaside Tuscany holiday rentals and with 400km of coastline, this region is a favorite for seaside tourism. Villas, cottages and apartments by the sea - depending on what you’re after, you can choose your favourite accommodation and book a beach holiday in Tuscany now.
- Versilia: This is in the north-western part of Tuscany, which is also a favourite spot for those looking for villas for rent in Tuscany, Italy. It is an area characterised by beaches with many facilities, and is suitable for family holidays, but Versilia is also known for its nightlife. It includes places like Viareggio, which is also famous for its incredible carnival, Massarosa, Forte dei Marmi and Marina di Pietrasanta.
- Maremma Toscana: The popularity of Maremma has been growing a lot over the last few years. This region, between Tuscany and Lazio, overlooks the Tyrrhenian Sea and includes most of the province of Grosseto and Livorno. It is in this area that most of the offers of home rentals and holiday homes in Tuscany are concentrated. It contains some of the most important destinations for seaside tourism, such as Follonica, Castiglione della Pescaia and the whole area of the Argentario promontory. The Massa Marittima, is one of the pearls of the Maremma, and is famous for its Romanesque style cathedral.
- Islands: Accommodation on the islands of Tuscany will catapult you into the paradise of the Tuscan Archipelago, which consist of seven main islands and some smaller islets. The Island of Elba is certainly the largest of these, as well as the most popular for beach holidays and luxury villas in Tucscany with a pool.
- Villages: Tuscany is the region where you will find some of the most beautiful villages in Italy. Rent a house in Tuscany in one of them to transport back in time and experience a relaxing holiday down the winding streets of these Renaissance and medieval villages with gorgeous Tuscany cottages. Among the most beautiful in Tuscany are Montepulciano, Pienza, Unesco heritage, San Gimignano, Pitigliano, Volterra, Anghiari, Montalcino along with many others.
- Chianti: Staying in one of the beautiful Tuscany cottages with a pool in the Chianti hills is one of the most authentic experiences you can experience during your holiday in Tuscany. Straddling the provinces of Florence, Siena and Arezzo, this small mountain range is one of the most beautiful areas of Tuscany, with a landscape designed by villages and castles that alternate with olive groves and, of course, vineyards. Here, in fact, the homonymous wine is produced, which is among one of the most famous and appreciated Italian products abroad.
- City: Florence is the capital and main city of Tuscany, also from a touristic point of view. It is the birthplace of the Renaissance, and is home to an open-air museum, alongside an incredible mix of art, architecture and culture. Then there is Pisa which is home of the Leaning Tower, Arezzo, Livorno and Siena, with the famous Palio and Piazza del Campo. It is well known that between them there is much rivalry, but each of the Tuscan cities possesses its own beauty, identity and have many reasons to visit respectively.
When to visit the Tuscan region
Tuscany is always a great region to visit, as it is a region that has something to offer throughout the year. Summer is the favourite season for seaside resorts, and is the period when the towns of the Argentario and the Maremma are crowded with tourists from all over the world. In these summer months we see a slight increase in the average price of villa rental in Tuscany with a pool, which increase by 15%, but it is hard to say that there is a real ‘high’ season. This is because the cities, the countryside and the mountains of Tuscany can be visited at any time of the year. In addition to the artistic and architectural beauties of the Tuscan cities, those who go to Tuscany certainly do not want to miss the many popular events, that have very ancient origins and are featured in a number of the old centres. Among these the most famous are undoubtedly the Palio di Siena, which takes place in July and August, the Calcio Storico Fiorentino, on the occasion of the feast of St. John the Baptist on June 24 and, of course, the Carnival of Viareggio, with its floats and various shows that colour the promenade.
Holiday rentals in Tuscany
Pet-friendly apartments in Tuscany
Holiday villas in Tuscany
Leaning Tower of Pisa and other points of interest
- Florence: Most of the most beautiful and visited monuments in Tuscany are in Florence, and this is an essential stop for your holiday in Tuscany. As the birthplace of the Renaissance, in this city you can admire Michelangelo's David inside the Galleria di Accademia, in addition to the unparalleled works of the Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Pitti and all the churches that populate the centre of Florence. It is the perfect city for a romantic weekend, and deservedly, Florence is a UNESCO World Heritage We recommend finding villas in Tuscany near Florence.
- Tower of Pisa: Also known as the ‘Leaning Tower of Pisa’, this is one of the most photographed monuments in the world, which due to its sloping stance has become the symbol of the city and one of the symbols of Italy. Its construction began in 1173 and immediately, due to the yielding of the clay soil, the tower began to tilt. Over the years there have been many attempts to restore and reduce the slope. Not once has it fallen over! But truth be told, it is better that way: is it possible to imagine the city without its leaning tower?
- Via Francigena: An ancient route of over 380 km which is one of the most beautiful experiences that you could have during a holiday in Tuscany. It crosses 38 municipalities and is made up of 15 stages that can be taken by foot, by bike or on horseback, and has more than 1200 facilities for Tuscany apartments to rent. It is the perfect way to experience a tour of history, culture, architecture and nature. Staying in houses for rent in Tuscany, Italy along the way is one of the best ways to discover this region.
- Viareggio Carnival: This is one of the most important carnivals in Italy and Europe, in terms of its importance for political and social satire. Its history dates back to 1873 and since then its masked parades attract tourists from all over Europe every year. At the same time, during the carnival period, Viareggio also becomes an important destination for sports and football fans in particular, with the famous World Youth Soccer Tournament.
- Arezzo: A thriving Etruscan city, today this is one of the destinations that you must visit during your stay in one of our Tuscany villas for two. Visiting Arezzo is very much like transporting backwards in time, and between the streets and squares that make up this town, it is home to the oldest university in Tuscany. Also known as the City of Gold it is also home to the Giostra del Saracino, which is one of the many traditional historical events that brings Tuscany to life during the summer months.
- Val d'Orcia: This is a land of rare beauty, and is located in a unique landscape of hills and fields that includes some of the most beautiful medieval villages of Tuscany. It is the ideal area for those looking for relaxing holidays and to be close with nature in a villa in Tuscany, perhaps by choosing to stay in a farmhouse or in a typical farmhouse. The Val d'Orcia contains beautiful and unmissable villages such as Pienza, Castiglione d'Orcia, built around its Fortress, San Quirico d'Orcia, Montalcino, known all over the world thanks to the famous Brunello, and Monticchiello.
- Elba: This is the main island of the Tuscan archipelago, and in summer it hosts tourists from all over Italy who want to enjoy the colours of its beaches and its landscapes. The main centre is Portoferraio, in which there are also the Napoleonic villas.
- San Gimignano: Awarded with UNESCO Heritage status, this is a typical Tuscan village that has remained virtually intact from the fourteenth century to today. It is one of the most visited places in Tuscany, and should be experienced at sunset.
- Lucca: This place is famous for its monuments and for its historic centre that preserves buildings from various eras. It is perfectly preserved all around the famous sixteenth-century city walls. This and much more makes Lucca one of the most interesting towns in Tuscany for tourists, as well as one of the most peaceful places to find apartments in Tuscany.
- Siena: The Piazza del Campo, with its shell shape and its Torre del Mangia, is the heart of this Tuscan city which is known throughout the world for its Palio, a famous inter-district race that is an important event in the city with an almost 1000 year long history. It is a historical tradition in which the entire city is very emotionally invested. The Palio period means that there are lots of events and activities taking place in each district over the four days.
- Museo Leonardiano: Located a few miles from the village of Vinci, inside this museum you can discover the story and life of the genius Leonardo da Vinci.
- Volterra: This is a beautiful medieval village which is famous for the extraction and processing of alabaster. This Tuscan gem contains the Baptistery of San Giovanni, which is a building dating back to the thirteenth century and houses some very interesting works of art. It is a village which is among the most beautiful in Tuscany, and is located about 60km from Pisa. It has recently has seen its popularity increase as thanks to being chosen as the setting of the second book of the Twilight saga: New Moon.