Best of self-catering apartments and places to rent in Dubai
Find holiday accommodation in Dubai Marina at the best rates
We know that booking holiday apartments in Dubai means only one thing - luxury, modernity and tradition living alongside in a vastly ambitious city in the United Arab Emirates. Here at Hundredrooms, we compare offers from thousands of partners to make sure that you have the best selection of serviced apartments in Dubai to choose from. We save you time and money, which is crucial in one of the most expensive cities in the world. As the business hub of the Middle East, you can expect cutting edge architecture, enterprising skyscrapers such as the Burj Khalifa, and the otherworldly phenomenons of the Palm Jumeirah and The World island archipelagos that float in the Arabian Gulf. The city set out to be one of the most cosmopolitan centres in the world, and has achieved exactly that with its wealth of leisure activities, while simultaneously seeking to innovate and drive ambition in time for the much-awaited World Expo 2020. Booking holiday villas in Dubai means making the most of one of its incredible commercial offering; it is popular for its array of retail outlets and bold shopping malls that are sure to leave you reeling with their decorative exteriors, some in the style of Persian palaces and others as Venetian palazzos. Despite the ever-growing modernisation of this emerging global city, it still maintains a sense of tradition with traditional souks dotted about the city, where you can barter for spices and fabrics. Stuck on where to look for the perfect cheap apartments in Dubai? Here you have everything at your fingertips, whether you’re looking for stunning white sandy beaches, a range of leisure activities such as indoor skiing and some of the world’s most impressive water parks, luxury wining and dining, high-end retail and an electric nightlife scene. Dubai successfully marries its old traditions with the ultramodern aesthetic of its many developments. All you have to do is tell us how many people you’re travelling with, and how long you want to visit for, and we will search within a matter of seconds to find you the best accommodation in Dubai for rent from a range of websites. We know how important it is to find the perfect place to stay, but sometimes the stress of it all can take out the enjoyment. We’ll take care of that part for you, so all you have to do is relax.
Best places to stay in Dubai
If you’ve never before visited Dubai and you are not sure where to book your holiday rental, you should know that there are certain neighbourhoods for which Dubai is particularly famous. It is the biggest city in the United Arab Emirates and therefore has the largest accommodation offering.
- Bur Dubai: Despite the modern ambiance that Dubai generally conveys to first time visitors, it still maintains its sense of authenticity and tradition with the likes of neighbourhoods such as this one. You will find the Grand Mosque and other important religious buildings here. It is a great place to stay if you are looking to get lost among the vibrant souks and soak in the intricate historical buildings. It is full of traditional restaurants where you can try the best Middle Eastern cuisine. If you’re booking a self-catering apartment for one week, then we highly recommend that you visit here at least once.
- Deira: This was once the commercial centre of the city, and is an old part of town with some of the most incredible spice markets and fabric stores. Wander down the streets, take gondolas that were traditionally taken by merchants up and down the creek. Many people choose to book their apartments for holiday rent here.
- Sheikh Zayed Road: This is the longest road in the whole of the United Arab Emirates, and runs from Abu Dhabi through to Ras-al Khaimah. It runs more or less parallel to the Persian Gulf, and the part that runs through Dubai is one of the main arteries. Here there are many serviced apartments to rent in Dubai.
- Downtown: Characterised by the gargantuan skyscrapers and Dubai Mall that towers above the city, you can see the Burj Khalifa as the crowning centre piece. Here you will find most of the major leisure centres such as the Dubai Ice Rink and the Aquarium. Choosing Downtown Dubai accommodation means you can easily go shopping and have dinner in some of the best spots.
- Palm Jumeirah: It is hard to imagine this incredible landmark until you see it for yourself. Along with many of the major tourist attractions such as the Aquaventure Waterpark, Dolphin Bay and more, it is also known for being one of the most upmarket spots to book holiday apartments in Dubai. For exclusive clubs, bars and restaurants, head to the Palm. The best beach clubs are here if you’re looking for high-end living with live DJs and infinity pools. It is home to some of the most luxurious hotels across the whole city.
- Jumeirah: Easily one of the most popular areas to stay, you can find the most famous sandy white beaches here and a range of holiday accommodation near Jumeirah Beach to stay in. It is one of the most trendy spots to stay, with independent cafes, food complexes and plenty of shopping facilities. A popular option is also to book villas to rent in Dubai Marina, so that you can stay next to one of the most exciting and trendy areas of the city.
- Al Quoz: This is an up and coming industrial area of the city that is brimming with artistic promise. It is home to many warehouses where you will find the centerpoint of many cultural movements. Here you will find some fantastic contemporary art galleries and spaces.
When to visit the biggest city in United Arab Emirates
Dubai is located on the Persian Gulf, in the Middle East and so undeniably, it is typically prone to extremely hot climates. During the summer months, temperatures average at around 29 degrees Celsius during July and August, and high humidity levels due to its proximity to the sea. The best time to book self-catering accommodation has got to be between the months of November to March, during the late winter and springtime in Europe. During winter, you can expect to relax on Jumeirah Beach alongside many others and temperatures average out at around 20 to 23 degrees during this period. In terms of accommodation prices, it is quite the opposite to most European destinations. The cheapest prices are during the summer when temperatures are highest, between May and July, as this is when residents and expatriates fly out to their home countries.
4 bedroom apartments in Dubai
Dog-friendly apartments in Dubai
1 bedroom apartments for rent
Burj Khalifa and other points of interest
Dubai has one of the biggest leisure offerings worldwide, and you certainly will find lots of things to do during your stay in a private apartment to rent in Dubai.
- Burj Khalifa: Most popularly known as once having been the tallest structure in the world. At approximately 828m in height, it is a dizzying piece of architecture that perfectly demonstrates the ambitious entrepreneurship of this city. Forming part of downtown Dubai, it is pretty hard to miss!
- Burj Al Arab: Adding to the skyline is this iconic 7-star hotel, built in the shape of a ship’s sail. It gets bigger and better; it has a helipad on the roof, and has seen various notable events take place here.
- Palm Jumeirah: Possibly the most famous of the artificial archipelagos, which for many probably seems like an optical illusion until you see it for yourself. It was built in the Persian Gulf and is a collection of residences, hotels and other high-end developments.
- The Dubai Mall: Ever wondered where the biggest shopping mall in the world is located? Right here, in Dubai! The area is roughly equivalent to the size of 50 football pitches, and is the place to go for luxury shopping during your trip with over 1,200 shops.
- Dubai Marina: A high-end neighbourhood, leisure complex and shopping district complete with luxury yachts, shops, watersports and dining facilities.
- Dubai Creek: Head here to take a boat across the saltwater creek that extends through to the Persian Gulf.
- The Dubai Fountain: The world’s largest fountain system that puts on one of the most spectacular shows on the Burj Khalifa lake. It is located in the Downtown area of Dubai, ad you can regularly watch some spectacular shows of sound and visuals.
- Wild Wadi Water Park: A water park with over 30 attractions, and is located overlooking the Burj Al Arab. It is enjoyable for all the family and is easily reachable as it is located on Jumeirah Beach. Ski Dubai: Located in the Mall of the Emirates, this is an indoor ski slope where you can practice ski and snowboarding.
- Jumeirah Beach: The most famous beach along the Gulf, many choose to book their holiday rental to rent here overlooking the white sand and warm waves.
- Dubai Museum: Located in the oldest building in Dubai, the Al Fahidi Fort. Take a trip to this exhibit which gives a fascinating insight into the days of Dubai before oil was discovered and the area was transformed considerably.
- Jumeirah Mosque: One of the most iconic landmarks of the city, this beautiful mosque is known as the most photographed in the whole Emirate. It is now famous for its ‘open doors, open minds’ philosophy, in which both Muslims and non-Muslims are invited to visit. It is built in a stunning Fatimid style and was built in 1976.
- Heritage Shindagha Village: Located near the mouth of the creek of Dubai, this is a fantastic insight into the traditional culture of Dubai, where you can observe traditional craftsmen and women at work. Here you can watch pearl diving and other activities.
- IMG Worlds of Adventure: For the thrillseekers, this is an indoor amusement park with many rides and attractions. It is split into 4 zones and is considered to be a mega theme park. It is approximately 1.5 million square foot making it the world’s largest indoor park of its kind.
- Dubai Gold Souk: A traditional market in Deira where you can find nearly 300 traders selling some of the most wonderful goods.
- The World Dubai: One of the most famous artificial archipelagos in the world, this is a series of islands constructed in the shape of a world map.