Top holiday apartments and villas in Caleta de Fuste
- Establishment type: Apartment2 guests
Find here your holiday accommodation in Caleta de Fuste
Located on the east of the island, Caleta de Fuste is popular year in year out with visitors from all over the world, and is loved for its wide range of amenities that make it a smart resort geared up for everything you might need. With our help you can find holiday apartments and villas in Caleta de Fuste and we’ll take care of the hardest part of booking your trip - you can relax fully on the the Playa de Castillo beach and take part in some of the best watersports on the island of Fuerteventura. The entire resort is built for you to make the most of the sun, sand and waves that are perfect for watersports on this Canary island. The freedom you’ll have from booking holiday accommodation in Caleta de Fuste of your own is incredible - you will be able to do everything as though it were from the comfort of your own home, and can guarantee to always be a short distance from the beach. Caleta de Fuste is also known as ‘El Castillo’ due to the Martello tower in the harbour that dates back to the 18th century, but is the perfect option for a family holiday in a safe and well-planned resort that exudes relaxation and waterside bliss. It is perfectly complemented by by an arc beach and shallow waters that are perfect for children. Although this place isn’t typically the most ‘Canarian’ destination on the island, it offers close proximity to other wonderful villages and towns. This is the best choice for you if you want an easy holiday with good offers in holiday lettings in Caleta de Fuste and lots of restaurants and bars with a variety of choice.
Large holiday rentals
One bedroom holiday rentals
When to visit ‘El Castillo’
If you’re thinking about visiting Caleta de Fuste but not sure when is best, we have to tell you that the climate is warm all year round on the island of Fuerteventura. It has minimal rainfall, and the hottest months are between July and August when prices are at a premium for holiday accommodation rental. However, considering that the average year round temperature is around 23 degrees Celsius, even in January and December. Another popular time to visit is during February and March which coincides with Carnival celebrations, and the Nuestra Señora de la Peña del Mar celebrations in October is also worth a visit for the great fiesta atmosphere.
Playa del Castillo and other popular beaches
- Playa del Castillo: Best known as an excellent spot for watersports, you are just 1km south of El Cotillo. It is surrounded by some wonderful cliff views and you will need to park your car a little distance away and walk down one of the paths to reach it. It is considered to be a wild beach - there are no services available, which makes it all the more attractive for some beachgoers. It is particularly famous for surfing, windsurfing and kite surfing.
- Caleta de la Guirra: Just 10 minutes walk from the main resort is this sandy beach. It is close to all of the resort amenities and popular for families with children as the sea is a lot calmer and protected from the currents.
- Playa de Leandro: A small beach with black sand that is typical of these volcanic islands. It is over 100m long making it quite small and secluded, and is a calm option for many beachgoers. It is reachable by foot or by bicycle, or an off-road vehicle. You might enjoy this beach if you like fishing or snorkelling.
- Playa del Matorral: A 3km long sandy beach with calm waters and sunbeds for hire. There are lots of restaurants and bars that you can enjoy and it is a great beach for swimming and calmer water sports.
- Playa de las Caletillas: A semi wild beach with black sand that is located between Caleta de Fuste and the airport, and is being improved for swimming.
Points of interest in Caleta de Fuste
- Oceanarium Explorer: This marine park is a great option if you’re looking for a day out with the kids. You have many shows and activities at your fingertips including sea lion visits and boat rides.
- Castillo: A historical landmark that is a Martello tower from the 18th century.
- Hornos de Cal de la Guirra: These furnaces o are industrial ovens of circular type, with large masonry walls of two or three meters thickness (which are filled with "entullo" to make the whole more solid and avoid possible cracks. These furnaces are quite typical in Fuerteventura.
- Castillo de San Buenaventura: This is a defense tower along the waterfront in Caleta de Fuste.
- Casino: This is the only casino on the island and is located in Caleta de Fuste for all sorts of leisure activities.