Best of Amsterdam holiday apartments and central accommodation
- Establishment type: Apartment5 guests | 160 m²Comments: 40View more
- Establishment type: Apartment8 guests | 240 m²Comments: 8View more
- Establishment type: Apartment2 guests | 45 m²Comments: 5View more
- Establishment type: Apartment4 guestsComments: 4View more
- Establishment type: Apartment3 guests | 50 m²Comments: 4View more
- Establishment type: Apartment4 guestsComments: 48View more
- Establishment type: Apartment2 guests | 70 m²Comments: 13View more
- Establishment type: Apartment2 guests | 15 m²Comments: 12View more
- Establishment type: Apartment2 guests
Find hundreds of Amsterdam apartment rentals
Renting a apartment in Amsterdam guarantees a wonderful weekend away – explore the canals in a district like Joordan or Amsterdam Centrum from your self-catering apartment, and marvel at the Van Gogh Museum or the Amsterdam Museum. The Jewish history is also a must – you can visit the Jewish Museum and Anne Frank House for a sobering look at the history in World War II. This has got to be one of Europe’s most beautiful cities. Unusual, eclectic and incredibly attractive for young people, the capital of the Netherlands is built on a network of canals running miles through the city, and is paradise for cyclists looking to take in the incredible Dutch architecture. Also known as the "Venice of the North", it is a perfect tourist destination to visit with friends, have new and interesting experiences with your partner or discover the most charming corners of this tulip-clad city. Replete with beauty, it boasts the wonderful Vondelpark, which is the city’s main green space which you can cycle around at your leisure and wile away your days in true ‘Hollandaise’ style with a delicious ‘Stroopwafel’ (syrup waffle) in hand. During your trip, you can celebrate King’s Day and join the masses in their national holiday wearing orange, or visit one of the wonderful art galleries for which it is famous. Choosing an cheap apartment in Amsterdam might be a daunting task, but we are here to make it easier for you. The capital of the Netherlands is full of the best holiday rentals to cater for all. If you’re looking for something a little different, there is always the option of staying on a houseboat and staying in the Canal Ring. We have one bedroom apartments for rent less than 800m from the lively Leidseplein square, and from here you can see everything by foot and feel the best atmosphere of the city. We recommend holiday apartments in Amsterdam, and from the UK it is the perfect commutable distance to spend the weekend. Don’t wait any longer - find your ideal apartment from our partners and enjoy your holiday in the Dutch capital. It is modern, cosmopolitan and at the same time endowed with much historical significance, making it one of the largest tourist attractions in Europe with thousands of visitors every month. Never been to Amsterdam? Whether it’s your first time or one of many, we suggest you rent one of the many apartments to rent in Amsterdam central available in this fascinating city – whether that be in the heart of the city centre, in the suburbs, or in one of its characteristic neighbourhoods. It’s certainly the best choice to experience your trip as a local would. Live in true Dutch style in one of the smoking apartments in Amsterdam and enjoy the coffee shops. If you’re looking for a Amsterdam apartment rental for couples, the heart of the Dutch capital is certainly full of viable options. We will find you a holiday home rental with magnificent views, or close to the cruise terminal where you can take a boat to other areas of the city. The beauty of this city is that it is intimate, whilst remaining international and diverse. If you’re planning a trip to Amsterdam with the family, it is a great idea to check out our apartments for rent in the Joordan district so that you are close to everything, or in Plantage, which is leafy, residential and houses the magnificent Vondelpark. Visit this dynamic and modern European city, with plenty of art, culture and history to be reaped for all walks of life. Why not book a holiday rental for New Years’ in Amsterdam? The city is an excellent contender to ring in the New Year - there are plenty of parties and activities for all ages and tastes and is one of the best international cities you can visit in Europe, alongside the likes of , Paris and Berlin.
Places to stay in Amsterdam
If you walk through the bohemian neighbourhood of Joordan, or around the Leiseplein Square and you see that no house has curtains in the windows, don’t be alarmed. For the Dutch, it is completely normally. In fact, the Calvinist tradition of not putting up curtains is preserved to this day. Why, you ask? It's their way of showing that they have nothing to hide. Take a look at the various districts that we have shortlisted for you to decide where to book your holiday let for your Amsterdam stay.
- Plantage: This area does what it says on the tin, and is certainly the more botanical and green part and is a wonderfully picturesque place to book your apartment rental Amsterdam. We highly recommend that you don’t leave this wonderful place without seeing one of the traditional Dutch windmills in this eastern part of the city. It is home to the Jewish quarter and many museums, and everything is in walking distance.
- The Joordan: For a truly local ‘Dutch’ experience, look no further than the Joordan. There are plenty of trendy places to eat and drink and you couldn’t be better located to be next to the most gorgeous canals. Here is where you will find the most picturesque townhouses which are a perfect choice for your Amsterdam houseboat.
- Canal Ring / Nine Streets: Known in Dutch as ‘De 9 Straatjes’, this quirky district is one of the best looking you could choose for your stay in Amsterdam. It is an excellent choice for trendy boutiques and is surrounded by the most picturesque sights. They are three streets crossing canals and you can easily wander around this area meandering from cafe to pub from your holiday apartment.
- Amsterdam Centrum: Booking a holiday apartment in the centre will mean the perfect walking distance from the main sights and shopping attractions. You will be able to go out for a drink in the best squares and safely walk home.
- De Pijp: This neighbour is home to many diverse residents and is known for its large city markets which are certainly worth a visit. It is a former working-class neighbourhood that is located close to the centre. If you want your Amsterdam apartments to rent be located close to a wealth of great bars and restaurants, this is an excellent choice.
- Eastern Docklands: These is certainly an area to watch. Here you can find some modern and interesting options for your holiday apartment Amsterdam, and are located just a short distance away by ferry or tram in the most residential areas.
- De Wallen: This is the Amsterdam Red Light District, famous for its nightlife, escorts and Amsterdam coffee shops where you can certainly find some of the best smoking apartments in Amsterdam. Here you will also find the Oude Kerk church which is the oldest in the city.
- Oud-Zuid (Amsterdam Museum Quarter): This is an upmarket area brimming with museums, the beautiful and sprawling Vondelpark and is home to Dutch art culture. Here you will find plenty of boutiques lined along leafy boulevards.
- Grachtengordel: This is a great choice for being close to the nightlife districts of Rembrandtplein and Leidseplein. You can find a lovely holiday apartment to rent along one of the canals.
- Oost: This is a great choice for a residential area if you are looking for serviced apartments in Amsterdam city centre for families. There is a lot of green space for your kids to play, and you can easily reach the city centre via tram.
When to visit the Dam
The Dutch capital is served well by great transport links. Internationally, flights arrive at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS) and London to Amsterdam flights are not at all difficult to find. Its central location in Europe means that there are also cheap flights to Amsterdam regularly. If you’re coming from the UK to rent a room in Amsterdam, there is also the option of taking the ferry. Since the Netherlands is a small and centrally located country, it is easy to travel from Brussels to Amsterdam by bus or by train, travelling Amsterdam to Rotterdam, or catching a Paris to Amsterdam train. If you are deciding on an Europe inter-rail trip, then this is a great place for a one bedroom apartment to rent during your stop. The city experiences every season quite differently, and is the ideal location no matter the time of year. The Amsterdam weather is generally pl